Ms. Bagnasacco is a member of the International and Corporate sections and chairs the European Market group. She focuses on corporate, compliance and securities matters, and has extensive experience with domestic and international mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, strategic alliances, equity and debt offerings, foreign direct investment, EB-5 investments, general corporate matters, distribution, agency and licensing matters and market entry strategies. She regularly advises U.S. and foreign clients in connection with the establishment, structuring, and compliance of their international operations, including the establishment of international distribution networks.
Ms. Bagnasacco also represents domestic and international clients on corporate governance issues, including compliance with data privacy regulations and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. She assists clients with preparing FCPA policies and related training for employees, as well as with conducting FCPA due diligence in the context of mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and distribution arrangements.
Ms. Bagnasacco often speaks on FCPA matters. She is recognized in Chambers USA for corporate/M&A.
Ms. Bagnasacco is licensed in Italy.
- Represents public and private companies in connection with multimillion-dollar stock and asset acquisitions and merger transactions, including in Europe, Singapore, and Latin America.
- Counsels a publicly held company regarding international operations, distribution, and agency arrangements and general corporate matters.
- Represented a drug delivery company in connection with international distribution and licensing agreements worldwide.
- Represented an established medical device company regarding international corporate compliance issues and drafting and implementation of FCPA compliance program.
- Advised a U.S. diagnostics company with international distribution and agency agreements in connection with European expansion.
- Advised a U.S. pharmaceutical company in connection with international distribution and agency arrangements.
- Represented a life science company in connection with Singapore joint venture with pharmaceutical company and related distribution arrangements.
- Represented a diagnostics company regarding negotiation of collaboration agreement with large laboratory in China and related international law issues.
- Represented several medical device companies in connection with research and development agreements, licensing arrangements, corporate finance, strategic alliances and international distribution agreements.
- Counsels a publicly held manufacturing company concerning restructuring of international operations, strategic alliances, and domestic and international acquisitions.
- Represented a large mining company in an international joint development agreement regarding multimillion-dollar technology.
- Represented a large U.S. resort developer in connection with structuring, negotiating, and documenting the multimillion-dollar acquisition of an Italian real estate venture and related debt financing transactions.
- Represented an Italian company in connection with acquisition of assets in the United States.
- Counsels UCIC, a quasi-governmental entity that established the $300 million fund of funds to support venture capital and economic development in the state of Utah.
Recent Blog Posts
Perspective: Kirton McConkie Law Blog
- July 28, 2015Law360
- Protecting your international flow of informationNovember 4, 2015Utah IT Symposium
- Legal Considerations in Foreign M&AAugust 25, 2015Associate of Corporate Counsel, Mountain West Chapter
- European Business RoundtableMay 20, 2015United States Department of Commerce, International Trade Administration
- How To Deal - Structuring and Financing Your International TransactionJune 12, 2014Ballard Spahr
- Legal/IP, Insurance and Accounting ConsiderationNovember 6, 2013BIOUTAH Life Science Summit 2013
- EB-5 Immigrant Investor ProgramJune 26, 2013EDCUtah
- Negotiating International TransactionsJune 4, 2013Women in International Business Conference
- Updates on PrivacyMay 21, 2013Association of Corporate Counsel Roundtable
- Developments in the European UnionMay 8, 2013Utah Europe Days 2013
- Business Strategy and Financing PanelFebruary 19, 2013University of Utah - Technology Venture Development, Translational Medicine Symposium 2013
- Important Things To Consider When Your Business Expands InternationallySeptember 25, 2012Westminster College - International Marketing Class
- Bribery in the International Arena: Understanding Recent Developments and Effective StrategiesMay 17, 2012Association of Corporate Counsel Roundtable
- Transactions in the European UnionMay 9, 2012Utah-Europe Days 2012
- Important Things To Consider When Your Business Expands InternationallyApril 10, 2012SHRM Employment Law Seminar
- How To Avoid Legal Pitfalls and Assert Your Competitive Advantage in the Global MarketplaceJanuary 18, 2012UTC Forum
- International TransactionsNovember 8, 2011Women in International Business Conference
- Intercompany Transactions and Agreements: An OverviewAugust 18, 2011Association of Corporate Counsel Roundtable
- European Law UpdatesMay 9, 2011Utah-Europe Days 2011
University of Utah, S.J. Quinney College of Law, J.D., 1998
Institute of European Studies/International Labor Organization, Post-graduate Certificate, 1996
University of Turin College of Law, B.S., 1995
- Highest honors
Honors & Awards
- Chambers USA: Corporate/M&A (2009 - 2015)
American Bar Association
Utah State Bar Association
Alumni Board of Trustees, University of Utah, S.J. Quinney College of Law
Member and past President, International Law Section; past member, Ethics Advisory Opinion Committee
Advisory Board, Women Technology Council (WTC)
Board Member, Association for Corporate Growth (ACG), Utah Chapter
President, World Trade Association of Utah (WTA)