Bryce K. Dalton
Mr. Dalton is a member of the firm’s Real Estate Section. His practice primarily focuses on commercial, agricultural, industrial, and residential real estate matters throughout the country. He represents clients in all aspects of development, including acquisition, due diligence, financing, zoning, entitlements, leasing, and sales. Additionally, Mr. Dalton has extensive experience in corporate, construction, and probate and estate law, as well as representing clients in complex civil litigation matters.
Prior to attending law school, Mr. Dalton worked in corporate finance and real estate development, specializing in ski resort and golf course projects. He is a graduate of the University of Iowa College of Law and received his undergraduate degree from Brigham Young University in Business Management (Corporate Finance Emphasis), with secondary studies in civil engineering.
- Served as counsel of record for a publicly-traded bank advising it regarding compliance with TRID regulations for all residential real estate loans and title matters.
- Represented a commercial developer in acquiring, entitling and developing part of a $90 million mall redevelopment project.
- Prepared loan documentation for over $50 million in financing for retail developments and historic mixed-used redevelopment projects in Iowa and Wisconsin.
- Structured a sophisticated management agreement for independent operator of national hotel chain franchise.
- Served as Director and Legislative Chair of the Greater Iowa City Home Builders Association.
- Served as Commissioner of the Morgan City Planning Commission and Park City Affordable Housing Committee.
- Bryce K. Dalton, Stern v. Marshall: How Anna Nicole Smith Almost Stripped Bankruptcy Courts of Jury Trials201298 IOWA L. REV 337
- Commercial Land Use and Zoning Law2015Des Moines, Iowa
- Residential Landlord-Tenant Law in Iowa2014Des Moines, Iowa
- Boundary Disputes
- Business Formation, Structure and Exit Strategies
- Commercial Leasing
- Condominium and HOA Associations
- Eminent Domain/Condemnation
- Foreclosures and Restructuring
- General Counsel Services
- Land Use and Zoning
- Landlord/Tenant Disputes
- Lending and Finance
- Project Development and Agreements
- Purchase and Sale Transactions
- Real Estate
- Real Estate Financing
- Water Rights
University of Iowa College of Law, J.D., 2013
- Contributing Editor, Iowa Law Review
- Member, National Moot Court Team
- Oralist, Iowa Supreme Court Day
- Finalist, Van Oosterhout-Baskerville Moot Court Competition
- Dean’s Award for Academic Excellence
- Jurisprudence Award
- Boyd Service Award, High Honors
Brigham Young University, B.S., Business Management: Corporate Finance, secondary studies in Civil Engineering, 2007
- Extern, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Iowa
- Iowa, 2013
- Texas, 2016
- *Not currently licensed in Utah
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Iowa
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Iowa
- American Bar Association
- Iowa State Bar Association, Real Property Section
- Texas State Bar Association, Real Estate, Probate & Trust Law Section
- Urban Land Institute
- J. Reuben Clark Law Society, National Real Estate Section, Vice-President
- BYU Marriott School of Management, Alumni Mentor
- Boy Scouts of America