Cameron M. Hancock
Mr. Hancock is a member of the firm's Litigation, Real Estate, and Intellectual Property sections. He joined Kirton McConkie in 2012 after 20 years practicing at one of Salt Lake City’s largest local law firms and three years at a national firm. Mr. Hancock is one of nine members of the firm’s board of directors and a member of its executive committee, which oversees and manages all aspects of firm business.
His educational training, work experience and legal practice have culminated into significant expertise prosecuting and defending commercial litigation matters in areas such as anti-trust, bankruptcy, real estate transactions, construction disputes, contract disputes, commercial torts, fraud claims, patent, trademark, copyright and false advertising litigation.
Mr. Hancock has represented financial institutions and banks in lender liability actions, creditors' rights litigation, civil RICO claims and other related bank litigation and has successfully defended clients in disputes with financial institutions. Mr. Hancock has litigated and taken cases to trial or arbitration in Utah, Idaho, Arizona, Wyoming, Illinois, Texas and Colorado.
Other areas of emphasis include representing motor vehicle dealers in litigation with manufacturers such as against General Motors, Ford, Toyota, Lamborghini, Audi, and Volkswagen as well as all matters related to the operation of their dealerships. In addition, he has represented clients in real estate matters involving purchase and sale agreements, construction agreements, defective construction claims, liens, easements, zoning and use of real property. He also has significant experience representing clients in shareholder disputes.
Mr. Hancock is recognized as one of Utah's Legal Elite for business litigation and as one of the Best Lawyers in America for construction litigation and mergers and acquisition litigation.
- Client obtained an injunction freezing over $60 million in federal court asserting claims of fraud against the defendant.
- Client awarded a Civil RICO jury verdict in excess of $18 million.
- Client obtained a no cause verdict in an arbitration hearing where the plaintiff was asserting claims for damages in excess of $5 million.
- Summary Judgment granted in favor of an auto dealer against a manufacturer refusing to approve the sale and transfer of the dealership.
- Successfully represented an auto dealer and negotiated a seven figure settlement from a construction company based on defective construction claims.
- Litigated and obtained favorable results concerning trademark, patent and copyright infringement claims.
- Represented minority shareholders and majority shareholders in different actions involving ownership and operating disputes between parties.
- Summary Judgment granted dismissing lender liability claims seeking damages in excess of $5 million.
- January 2017
- August 18, 2015Press Release
- May 6, 2015Press Release
- August 18, 2014Press Release
- February 27, 2014Press Release
- April 11, 2013Press Release
- August 23, 2012Press release
- Administrative Proceedings
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Business Disputes
- Commercial Bankruptcy and Creditors' Rights
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Environmental Regulation and Licensing
- Family Law and Elder Law
- Foreclosures and Restructuring
- Intellectual Property
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Labor and Employment
- Landlord/Tenant Disputes
- Probate and Trusts
- Real Estate
- Shareholder Disputes
Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark Law School, J.D., cum laude, December 1988
- Oder of the Barristers
- Honors Scholarship
- National Moot Court Team 1987-1988
- Best Oralist Award 1987
Brigham Young University, MAcc Taxation, 1988 (Masters degree in tax accounting)
Brigham Young University, B.S. Accounting, 1986
- Utah, 1989
- Utah Supreme Court
- Utah State Court of Appeals
- United States District Court for the District of Utah
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
Honors & Awards
- Utah Legal Elite: Civil Litigation (2014), Business litigation, 2005 to present
- Best Lawyers: Construction Litigation, Mergers & Acquisitions Litigation (2013 - 2016)
- Vice President, Kirton McConkie Executive Committee
- Member, Kirton McConkie Board of Directors