Christopher S. Hill
Mr. Hill is a member of the firm’s Litigation section. He has broad experience in civil litigation proceedings in state and federal trial and appellate courts in Utah and California. Mr. Hill tries cases and settles disputes for clients in a broad set of industries, but with a primary focus on healthcare, real estate, and fiduciary management industries. He has experience addressing a broad range of legal issues for clients in those industries and others, including antitrust, ERISA, trust and probate disputes, and other contract and business disputes. Mr. Hill is a Harvard Law graduate and came to Kirton McConkie after working several years at Latham & Watkins in California. He continues to serve clients with litigation needs in both California and Utah.
Mr. Hill is recognized as one of Utah's Legal Elite and as a Mountain States Super Lawyer for business litigation.
- Obtained $13 million damages award for health insurance provider in contract dispute with the Utah Department of Health.
- Obtained dismissal with no liability for Medicare insurer defending against False Claims Act action claiming damages in excess of $500 million.
- Favorable settlement for trustee on eve of trial after defending for five years claims asserting more than $2.5 million, by dividing trust property among beneficiaries with no financial penalties to trustee.
- Appellate reversal protecting landowner from state agency intrusion onto land attempting to conduct invasive feasibility surveys and studies.
- Dansie v. Herriman City, 2006 UT 23, 134 P. 3d 1139
- Morgan Creek Residential v. Kemp (2007) 153 Cal. App. 4th 675
- Fisher v. Fisher, 2009 UT App. 305 _P. 3d_
- In re Anne Blackham Aogon Trust, 2014 UT App. 269, 339 P.3d 937
- Cea V. Hoffman, 2012 UT App. 101, 276 P.3d 1178
- Property Reserve, Inc. V. Superior Court (2014) 224 Ca. App. 4th 828
- March 2016Press Release
- February 2016
- October 29, 2015Press release
- June 12, 2015Press Release
- April 3, 2015Press Release
- June 11, 2014Press Release
- February 27, 2014Press Release
- June 12, 2013Press Release
- The Legal Implications of Sharing Economy Models: A Deeper Look into Uber's Impact on Competition and Other Legal IssuesMay 2016
- The Antitrust Implications of Restricting Uber Ride Sharing and Tesla's Direct Sales ModelOctober 2015
- Trial Skills as Demonstrated by Vincent GambiniFebruary 2015
- Trial Skills as Demonstrated by Vincent GambiniSeptember 2011
- Antitrust: An Overview for the General LitigatorJuly 2011
Harvard Law School, Cambridge, MA, J.D., 1999
Metropolitan State College, Denver, CO, B.A., Economics, 1996
- California, 1999
- Utah, 2003
- U.S. District Court for the District of Utah
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
Honors & Awards
- Super Lawyers national: Business Litigation (2014, 2013)
- Utah Legal Elite: Civil Litigation (2010 - 2016, 2006)
- Mountain States Super Lawyers: Business Litigation (2016, 2015)
- Mountain States Super Lawyers: Rising Star in Litigation (2013, 2009)
- Vice President, Kirton McConkie; Member, Executive Committee
- Who's Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges, 1995-1996
California Bar Association
Utah Bar Association