Dale E. Hulse
- tel: 801.328.3600
- fax: 801.321.4893
Mr. Hulse is a member of the firm's Intellectual Property section. He has a broad range of intellectual property experience, having been involved in both private practice and corporate practice since 1981. He has also represented The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints extensively in intellectual property matters. His expertise includes foreign intellectual property matters, particularly in Europe and Japan.
Mr. Hulse is recognized as one of Utah's Legal Elite for Intellectual Property.
- Practicing intellectual property law since 1981.
- From 1986 to 1996, served in-house at 3M, St. Paul, Minnesota, where he was Senior Intellectual Property Counsel and had worldwide responsibility for much of 3M's medical, surgical, and pharmaceutical intellectual property matters.
- Reported cases: Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing Co. v. Johnson & Johnson Orthopaedics, Inc., 22 U.S.P.Q.2d 1401 (D.Minn.1991); 976 F .2d 1559 (Fed. Cir. 1992)
- Expertise in the areas of United States and foreign trademark practice.
- Expertise in licenses and agreements relating to intellectual property.
- Expertise in the handling and resolution of foreign intellectual property matters, particularly in Europe and Japan.
- Expertise in the areas of chemical and medical device patent prosecution.
- Served as Judge Pro Tempore, Fifth Circuit Court, Salt Lake County, 1982 - 1985.
University of Utah, J.D., 1981
- William H. Leary Scholar
- Top 10% of class
Utah State University, B.S., Chemistry, magna cum laude, 1978
- Phi Kappa Phi
- Utah, 1981
- Minnesota, 1987
- United States District Court for the District of Utah, 1981
- United States District Court for the District of Minnesota, 1989
- United States Patent and Trademark Office, 1979
Honors & Awards
- Utah Legal Elite: Intellectual Property
International Trademark Law Association
American Intellectual Property Law Association