Darryl J. Lee
- tel: 801.328.3600
- fax: 801.321.4893
Mr. Lee is a member of the firm's Litigation, Employment and Labor, and Business sections. He provides litigation and counseling services to clients in areas including labor and employment, real estate transactions, contracts, financing agreements and corporate compliance.
Mr. Lee has tried numerous commercial and employment cases before state and federal juries and has argued matters before federal and state courts of appeal. He was appointed a Pro Tem Judge by the Utah Supreme Court for small claims matters, serving in that role from 1991 to the present.
In addition to his litigation work, Mr. Lee provides full-service general counsel work to clients in the mortgage industry. He is a strong advocate for close working relationships between senior management, in-house counsel and outside counsel.
Through his experiences as in-house counsel for a major aerospace company, outside counsel, and as a pro tem judge, Mr. Lee brings a unique perspective when assisting his clients in obtaining positive results in a cost-effective way.
- Successfully represented aerospace and defense contractors in complex contract disputes before federal courts and boards of contract appeals.
- Represented financial institutions in real estate litigation disputes in state and federal courts.
- Served as Associate General Counsel and General Counsel for Thiokol Corporation divisions and subsidiaries. Directed all aspects of legal work for global business operations.
- Successfully litigated cases before juries and judges in both state and federal courts.
- Argued matters before federal and state courts of appeal.
- Editor, Utah Employment Law Letter, 1997 to present.
- Appointed Pro Tem Judge by the Utah Supreme Court for small claims matters, serving in Ogden, Bountiful and Farmington courts from 1991 to the present
- USA ex rel Boisjoly v. Morton Thiokol, Inc., 706 F. Supp. 795 (D. UT. 1988)
- Steele v. Thiokol Corp., 241 F.3rd 1248 (10th Cir. 2001)
- Primary Residential Mortgage, Inc. v. Guarantee Title Ins. Co., 2005 WL 2874663 (E.D. Mo. 2005)
- Flitton v. Primary Residential Mortgage, Inc., 2006 WL 149045 (D. UT 2006)
- Mast v. First Madison Services, Inc., 2009 WL 1709017 (Ct. App. Utah 2009)
- May 2013
- April 2013Utah Employment Law Letter
- March 2013Utah Employment Law Letter
- January 2013Utah Employment Law Letter (January)
- December 2012Utah Employment Law Letter
- November 2012The Utah Employment Law Letter
- October 2012The Utah Employment Law Letter
- September 2012Utah Employment Law Letter
- August 2012Utah Employment Law Letter
- July 2012Utah Employment Law Letter
- June 2012The Utah Employment Law Letter
- May 2012The Utah Employment Law Letter
- April 2012The Utah Employment Law Letter
- March 2012Utah Employment Law Letter
- February 2012Utah Employment Law Letter
- The Expanding Audit and Investigative Powers of the Federal GovernmentJanuary 1982Public Contract Law Journal, Vol. 12, No. 2
University of Utah, MBA, 1992
- Dean's Scholar
- Phi Kappa Phi
- Delta Gamma Sigma
National Institute of Trial Advocacy, 1986
Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark Law School, J.D. cum laude, 1980
- National Moot Court Team
- Member, Board of Advocates, Director of Appellate division
- Member, National Order of Barristers
Brigham Young University, B.A., English, 1977
- District of Columbia, 1980
- California, 1982
- Utah, 1987
- Court of Federal Claims, 1981
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals, 1981
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia, 1981
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California, 1982
- United States District Court for the District of Utah, 1987
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit, 1987
- United States District Court for the Central District of California, 1988
- United States Supreme Court, 1990
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, 1996
Honors & Awards
- AV Preeminent rated by Martindale-Hubbell