David K. Armstrong
Mr. Armstrong is a member of the firm's International and Corporate sections. He has a broad background in international and domestic corporate matters and has significant experience in commercial transactions, mergers and acquisitions, capital markets including public and private debt and equity offerings, and general SEC reporting issues.
Mr. Armstrong frequently writes on topics such as tax planning, cross border transactions and doing business in Mexico
- Mergers and Acquisitions: lead attorney for mergers and acquisitions in industries such as high tech, manufacturing, tourism, telecommunications and retail.
- Corporate Finance: public and private offerings, including initial public offerings and bank financing, oversight of SEC and NYSE reporting obligations and debt compliance matters.
- General Corporate and Securities Law: responsible for all aspects of entity formation, compliance with securities laws including 34 Act filings and structuring of joint venture contracts, stock option and other employee benefit plans, and employment agreements. Executed a successful IPO in 2006 and listing in New York Stock Exchange while general counsel for Accuride Corporation.
- International: represented Latin America companies in financings, merger and acquisition activities and general legal issues, domestic and international joint ventures.
- In a general counsel role, has managed corporate governance matters, employment and labor issues including design and administration of compensation rewards and benefits, international product distribution, contract negotiations, litigation management, government relations and immigration matters.
- Area Legal Counsel, Office of General Counsel, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Lima, Peru, 2009 - 2012.
- Senior Vice President/CFO & General Counsel, Accuride Corporation (NYSE:ACW), Evansville, Indiana, 1998 - 2009, largest stand-alone manufacturer of components for heavy and medium commercial vehicles.
- Partner, Snell & Wilmer, Salt Lake City, Utah, 1993 - 1998
- February 2016
Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark Law School, J.D. cum laude, 1988
- Editor-in-Chief, Journal of Public Law
Brigham Young University, MAcc and B.S., Accounting, 1981
- Arizona, 1993
- Utah, 1988
- Certified Public Accountant
Honors & Awards
- AV Rating by Martindale-Hubble
- Utah Legal Elite: Corporate Counsel (2016)
Member, Utah Association of CPAs
Mission President, Uruguay Montevideo Mission, 2012 - 2013