Elaine C. Young
Ms. Young is a member of the firm's International section. Her practice includes advising companies on the U.S. federal tax consequences of their international operations and assisting tax-exempt organizations on corporate and tax matters. She has significant experience handling the immigration, tax, and benefits aspects of cross-border employment, including inpatriate transfers and working with counsel around the world to help U.S. companies send their employees abroad.
Ms. Young is recognized as one of Utah's Legal Elite for international law and tax and as a Mountain States Super Lawyer Rising Star for tax.
She writes the HR Hero monthly Utah Employment Newsletter column on immigration matters and serves as editor of the Immigration chapter of BLR’s HR Guide to Employment Law.
Regularly works with U.S. consulates to resolve issues arising when employees attend U.S. visa interview appointments.
- Linklaters, New York and London, 2001-2003, Associate
Recent Blog Posts
Perspective: Kirton McConkie Law Blog
- April 2015Utah Employment Law Letter
- December 2013Utah Business
- March 18, 2013Law360
- January 29, 2013HR Hero Line
- September 16, 2012Utah Employment Law Letter
- February 2016
- June 12, 2015Press Release
- April 3, 2015Press Release
- June 11, 2014Press Release
- February 27, 2014Press Release
- January 9, 2014Live webinar
- Top Ethics Issues in Cross-Border Practice. Presentation with Elaine Young for the International Law Section of the Utah State BarDecember 8, 2011
New York University School of Law, J.D., 2001
Brigham Young University, B.A., 1995
- Law Clerk for the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, New York, 1999
- New York, 2002
- Utah, 2005
Honors & Awards
- Mountain States Super Lawyers: Rising Star in Tax (2009 - 2013), Immigration: Business (2015, 2014)
- Utah Legal Elite: International (2016 - 2014), Up & Coming for International (2012, 2011) and Tax (2009)