Eric C. Olson
- tel: 801.321.4818
- fax: 801.321.4893
Mr. Olson is a member of the firm's Litigation, Trials and Appeals section. His practice focuses on assisting clients to avoid and, if necessary, promptly resolve commercial disputes. The tools for doing this include wise planning in advance of a possible dispute, careful negotiation of emerging disputes, and effective and prudent use of more formal means of dispute resolution such as mediation, arbitration and, if there is no other alternative, trial. Mr. Olson has experience in diverse subject matters and has appeared before administrative bodies and state and federal courts around the country.
Mr. Olson is recognized as one of Utah's Legal Elite for corporate law.
- Tax refund litigation - United States Court of Federal Claims.
- Zoning and related land use litigation
- Construction litigation - public and private construction contracts
- Fraudulent conveyance claims
- Real property disputes - emphasis on easements and water rights
- Business tort issues - intentional interference and fraud
- Employment contract disputes
- Van Cott, Bagley, Cornwall & McCarthy, Salt Lake City, Utah 1983-1998.
- Greenebaum, Doll & McDonald, Louisville, Kentucky, 1980-1983.
University of Virginia, J.D., 1980
Brigham Young University, B.A., English, summa cum laude, 1977
- Kentucky, 1980
- Utah, 1983
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of Utah
- Utah Supreme Court
- Utah Court of Appeals
Honors & Awards
- Utah Legal Elite: Corporate Law
American Bar Association: Business Torts and Trial Practice Committees of the Litigation Section