Mr. Winger is a member of the firm's Corporate section. He represents private and publicly held companies, focusing on mergers and acquisitions, securities law, corporate finance, real estate and contracts. He has represented a wide variety of clients, including banks, insurance companies, and other financial institutions, contractors, consulting firms and high-tech companies. He has represented both buyers and sellers in complex mergers as well as stock and asset purchases and real estate transactions.
Mr. Winger serves as general counsel for several corporations.
Mr. Winger is recognized by Chambers USA, The Best Lawyers in America, Mountain States Super Lawyers and Utah's Legal Elite for corporate law, and mergers and acquisitions. He has an AV Preeminent rating by Martindale-Hubbell.
- Represents financial institutions on a wide variety of business and regulatory matters.
- Assists clients with the formation of business entities and the documentation of business relationships by drafting contracts such as license agreements, employment agreements, purchase agreements and joint venture agreements.
- Lead corporate counsel for the $505 million Deseret Management Corporation (DMC) and Bonneville International Corporation (BIC) sale of 17 radio stations in four markets to Hubbard Broadcasting, Inc. Closed April 28, 2011.
- Actively involved in securities law involving private placement of securities as well as compliance work required by the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, including the preparation of proxy statements and Forms 10, 10-K, 10-Q, and 8-K.
- July 2012Utah Business
- December 2011Utah Business
- January 2017
- March 2016Press Release
- August 18, 2015Press Release
- June 12, 2015Press Release
- June 2, 2015
- August 18, 2014Press Release
- Kirton McConkie Corporate/M&A, Real Estate, and Natural Resources/Water Practices Rank in Prestigious 2014 Chambers USAJune 11, 2014Press Release
- June 11, 2014Press Release
- February 27, 2014Press Release
- August 15, 2013Press Release
- June 12, 2013Press Release
- June 10, 2013Press Release
- September 13, 2012Press Release
- August 23, 2012Press release
- April 29, 2011Press Release
- Business Formation, Structure and Exit Strategies
- Commercial Leasing
- Employment Contracts and Agreements
- Equipment Leasing
- General Counsel Services
- Government Financing
- Lending and Finance
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Natural Resources and Energy
- Purchase and Sale Transactions
- Real Estate Financing
- Securities Law
Brigham Young University, J.D, 1992, magna cum laude
- Order of the Coif
University of Utah, B.S., Finance, 1989, cum laude
- Utah, 1993
- Utah State Bar Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals
Honors & Awards
- Chambers USA: Corporate/M&A (2005 - 2015)
- Super Lawyers national: Mergers & Acquisitions (2007 - 2015)
- Mountain States Super Lawyers: Mergers & Acquisitions (2007 - 2016)
- AV Preeminent rating by Martindale-Hubbell
- Utah Legal Elite: Corporate Law & Transactions (2007 - 2015)
- Best Lawyers: Corporate Law, Mergers & Acquisitions Law, Securities/Capital Markets Law (2007 - 2016)
BYU Law School Alumni Association, President
Utah State Bar
- Securities Section
- Former President, 2002
- Officer, 1999