Jacob T. Muklewicz
Mr. Muklewicz is Chair of the firm's Employment and Immigration section. He counsels and advises large multinational corporations, local businesses, individual investors and professionals in areas involving employment-based immigration law.
Mr. Muklewicz has presented at state bar associations and published articles on topics concerning employment-based immigration and compliance with employment verification regulations.
- Advises companies and foreign nationals in connection E, H-1B, H-2B, H-3, L-1, TN, O, P, and R non-immigrant visa petitions.
- Assists foreign nationals seeking permanent residence (green cards).
- Consults with clients regarding the labor certification (PERM) process.
- Advises multinational managers, foreign nationals with extraordinary ability, and outstanding professors and researchers in connection with I-140 immigrant petitions.
- Counsels and advises immigrant investors with EB-5 cases.
- Represents foreign medical graduates with J-1 status seeking waivers of the two-year home residence requirement through state Conrad 30 programs as well as the Delta Regional Authority and Appalachian Regional Commission.
- Counsels foreign medical graduates seeking permanent residence through the National Interest Waiver process.
- Works with employers to develop, maintain and improve employment verification procedures in compliance with I-9 and E-Verify requirements and conducts internal I-9 audits to ensure compliance with federal and state laws.
- Provides training to managers and Human Resources staff regarding proper I-9 completion, re-verification, and compliance with E-Verify requirements.
- Of Counsel, Snell & Wilmer L.P., Employment and Immigration Group, 2012 - 2013
- Shareholder, Law Offices of Brelje and Muklewicz P.C., Immigration Legal Services for Employers, 2009 - 2011
- Senior Attorney, Brelje and Associates PLC, Immigration Legal Services for Employers, 2005 - 2008
- Associate, Vorys, Sater Seymour and Pease LLP, Corporate and Immigration Group, 2001 - 2005
Recent Blog Posts
- Employer Client Alert
- USCIS Publishes Final Rule For Certain Employment-Based Immigrant and Nonimmigrant Visa Programs
- American Immigration Lawyers Association shares online resources to help understand new DHS final rule
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services publishes an extension of Temporary Protected Status
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) publishes extension of Temporary Protected Status for eligible nationals of Honduras
Perspective: Kirton McConkie Law Blog
- February 17, 2017Forbes
- February 1, 2017Law360
- July 17, 2015InsideCounsel
- Less Can Accomplish More for Immigration Reform2015Litigation Strategies For Immigration Issues
- June 19, 2015InsideCounsel
- May 15, 2015InsideCounsel
- April 30, 2015Immigration Law360
- December 30, 2014San Jose Mercury News
- October 2014Utah Employment Law Letter
- December 2013Utah Business
- A ‘Mile-High’ Overview of the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program2012Colorado Real Estate Journal
- Praca w Stanach Zjednoczonych po Ukończeniu Studiów na Uniwersytecie (Working in the United States after Completing Studies at the University)2012EuroArizona
- Lawfully Employing Foreign Nationals in the U.S.October 2005EuroArizona
- April 8, 2015UTC Clinic hosted by Kirton McConkie
- January 9, 2014Live webinar
- EB-5 Process and Recent DevelopmentsOctober 2012
- Immigration 'Best Practices' for Arizona EmployersJune 2012State Bar of Arizona, Employment Law Section
- U.S. Visa Options for Foreign Students after GraduationApril and October 2012, April and October 2011Thunderbird School of Global Management
- Visa BasicsDecember 9, 2010American Immigration Council, International Exchange Center
The Ohio State University College of Law, J.D. and Certificate in International Trade and Development, 2001
Brigham Young University, B.A. in International Relations, minor in Russian, 1998
- Utah, 2014
- Ohio, 2001 (inactive)
Honors & Awards
- Mountain States Super Lawyers Rising Star: Immigration (2013)
- Southwest Super Lawyers Rising Star: Immigration (2012)
Foreign Language Area Studies Fellow: Russian (2000)
Polonia Foundation Pulaski Scholarship: Law (1999)
American Immigration Lawyers Association
Polish American Congress, Arizona Division
Board member, Utah County Hispanic Chamber of Commerce