Jarod R. Marrott
Mr. Marrott is a member of the firm's Intellectual Property section. His practice focuses on international intellectual property law including foreign and domestic patents, copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, unfair competition, computer law and licensing. Mr. Marrott is experienced in a broad range of technologies and represents clients in a variety of technical fields.
Mr. Marrott is recognized as one of Utah's Legal Elite and as a Mountain States Super Lawyer in intellectual property.
- Assists national and international clients in developing and implementing intellectual property business strategies
- Extensive experience in preparation and prosecution of international patent and trademark applications
- Enforcement of international patent and trademark rights
- Licensing and acquiring intellectual property
- Provides opinions and advice related to patentability, infringement, validity and freedom to operate issues
- Analysis of patent portfolios in connection with venture capital financing, portfolio acquisitions and intellectual property audits
- Intellectual property counsel in a variety of technology and industry areas, including life sciences, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, chemicals, nutraceuticals, direct selling and marketing, oil and gas, computer-related technologies, electronic business methods and mechanical systems.
- June 11, 2014Press Release
University of California, Davis, J.D., 2004
University of Washington, B.S., Biochemistry, 1999
- Utah, 2004
- United States District Court for the District of Utah, 2004
- Supreme Court of Utah, 2004
- United States Patent and Trademark Office, 2003
Honors & Awards
- Utah Legal Elite: Intellectual Property (2009 - 2013)
- Mountain States Super Lawyers: Rising Star in Intellectual Property (2011 - 2014)
Chair, Utah State Bar, Intellectual Property section
American Intellectual Property Law Association
American Bar Association, Intellectual Property Section
International Trademark Association (INTA)