Jonathon A. Schlegelmilch
Mr. Schlegelmilch is a member of the firm's Intellectual Property section. He assists and counsels clients in all matters of trademark and copyright prosecution, management and enforcement. He also represents clients in patent, trademark and copyright disputes in federal court, and trademark disputes in front of the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
- Advised clients regarding brand protection and trademark selection.
- Conducted clearance searches in preparation for trademark prosecution.
- Assisted clients in obtaining federal trademark registrations.
- Responded to many Office Actions and overcame likelihood of confusion, descriptiveness, surname, and other bases for refusal.
- Submitted successful ex parte appeals to Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
- Drafted trademark and copyright cease and desist letters for clients.
- Assisted clients in post-registration trademark filings.
- Created copyright monitoring and enforcement plan for client.
- Assisted clients in protecting and enforcing their intellectual property rights in federal court and in front of the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
- Publicity Rights in the U.K. and the U.S.A.: It Is Time for the United Kingdom to Follow America’s LeadApril 2016Gonzaga Law Review Online
Gonzaga University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2015
- Dean's Honor Roll
- Washington State Bar Association IP Scholarship
- Moot Court Honors Council
- Gonzaga Law Review, Associate Editor 2013 - 2015
- Gonzaga ABA Negotiation Competition, Winner
- Gonzaga Oral Advocacy Competition, Runner-up
Brigham Young University - Idaho, B.A. Political Science, 2012
- Judicial Externship: Honorable David Nuffer, Chief Judge, United States District Court for the District of Utah, 2015
- Utah, 2015
- United States District Court for the District of Utah