Joshua D.K. Figueira
Mr. Figueira is a member of the firm's First Amendment and Religious Organizations practice section. His practice focuses on assisting religious organizations and their affiliates with matters ranging from broad constitutional concerns to civil litigation and everyday operational issues.
- Prior to joining Kirton McConkie, Mr. Figueira was a fellow and clerk at the United States District Court for the District of Utah.
- Extern with the International Center for Law and Religion Studies
- Clerked at the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Northern District of Indiana.
- July 1, 2014Press Release
- Answering Questions and Resolving Conflicts: Recent Efforts to Preserve Religious LibertySeptember 28, 2016J. Ruben Clark Law Society Leadership Conference
- May 17, 2016Kirton McConkie
University of Notre Dame Law School, J.D., cum laude, 2013
- John Bruce Dodds Memorial Scholar
- Client Counseling Competition Winner
- International Moot Court Team
King's College London, M.A. with Merit, Religion in Contemporary Society, 2013
- Dissertation: The Use of Social Scientific Research on Religion by the United States Supreme Court, received Distinction (highest) honors.
Brigham Young University, B.A., English Language, 2006
- United States District Court for the District of Utah, 2014
- Utah, 2013
- Utah Bar Trespass and Nuisance Jury Instruction Subcommittee, Member
- Utah State Bar Leadership Academy
- J. Ruben Clark Law Society Religious Freedom Committee, Secretary