Kirk W. Grimshaw
- tel: 801.328.3600
- fax: 801.321.4893
Mr. Grimshaw is a member of the firm's Real Estate section and is Chairman of the firm's Hiring Committee. His practice is concentrated in real estate and related business matters, including the acquisition, disposition, development, management, leasing, and financing of both improved and unimproved real property, and the formation and use of limited liability companies and other various business entities.
Mr. Grimshaw currently serves as the Treasurer for the Real Estate Section for the Utah State Bar. He has been a presenter on real property issues at Brigham Young University's education week. He is recognized as one of Utah's Legal Elite and as a Mountain States Super Lawyers Rising Star for real estate.
- Represents buyers, sellers, owners and developers in all aspects of the acquisition, development, financing and disposition of commercial, residential, agricultural, and industrial properties.
- Represents, or has previously represented, commercial landlords and tenants in negotiating and preparing lease agreements.
- Represented large, private real estate investment trust in purchasing, managing, renovating, and selling numerous apartment complexes and projects throughout the country.
- Represented large, national life insurance provider in connection with the investment and lending of funds in developing condominium complexes, apartment projects as well as commercial and industrial centers throughout the country.
- Previously worked as associate general counsel for a large division of the national home builder D.R. Horton.
- June 12, 2013Press Release
- January 30, 2013Press Release
- Presenter, Brigham Young University's Education Week, 2011: Complex Legal Issues in Mixed-Use Real Estate Developments
Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark Law School, J.D., cum laude, 2002
- BYU Law Review
Brigham Young University, B.S., Accounting, 1999
- Utah, 2007
- Arizona, 2002
Honors & Awards
- Mountain States Super Lawyers: Rising Star for Real Estate (2013, 2012)
- Utah Legal Elite: Real Estate (2011, 2009), Up and Coming (2010)
Treasurer, Utah State Bar Real Estate Section
Secretary-elect, Utah State Bar Real Estate Section
Member, Board of Directors for the Utah Chapter of the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
Member, International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)