Mr. Hulme is Chair of the firm's Real Estate section. For clients including developers, commercial entities, buyers and sellers, he provides legal counsel on issues related to real estate, land use planning and development, construction, leasing, zoning, and environmental matters such as water and wetland issues.
Mr. Hulme also has extensive experience working with financial institutions in all aspects of lending, served as counsel to many borrowers and lenders. He has bankruptcy experience with a specialization in creditors' rights, and the renegotiation of troubled financing arrangements.
Mr. Hulme was honored as the CCIM 2014 Real Estate Lawyer of the Year. He is recognized by Chambers USA, Utah's Legal Elite and Mountain States Super Lawyer in real estate. He is an AV Preeminent rated lawyer by Martindale-Hubbell and is frequently invited to write and lecture on real estate issues.
- Represents buyers, sellers, owners and developers (particularly commercial entities) in the acquisition, planning and zoning, construction, leasing, development, and entitlement of commercial, office, retail, warehouse, condominium, apartment, recreational, industrial, and residential properties.
- Represents commercial and institutional entities, as well as buyers, sellers, owners, developers, and citizen groups in drafting, enforcing, interpreting, and litigating under numerous city and county ordinances (often relating to planning and zoning issues).
- Represents both large local and national lending institutions and borrowers with issues related to lending, recovery, foreclosures and workouts and, where necessary, representing and protecting creditors' interests in bankruptcy proceedings.
- Represents private and commercial entities as well as municipalities in environmental matters, including those relating to the Clean Water Act (CWA), the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA), and the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), most significantly those involving wetlands negotiation and permitting, compliance issues, remediation and cleanup actions.
- Represents clients in eminent domain issues, takings, and related actions.
- Practiced with one of the world's largest New York based international law firm for many years.
- Corporation of the Presiding Bishop of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Craig Realty Group
- Culinary Crafts
- Fourels Investment Company
- General Growth Properties, Inc
- Ivory Homes
- Maverik, Inc.
- Maxxam Inc. / MCO Properties
- MicAm, LLC
- Meller Development
- Mortgage Compliance Advisors
- Ninigret Park Technology
- Olson’s Greenhouse Gardens
- OneFourteen Partners, LLC
- Outlets at Traverse Mountain
- Park V Partners, LLC
- Property Reserve, Inc.
- Ron Thorne Construction
- Staker & Parson Companies
- Strategic Capital Partners
- Struck | Axiom, Inc.
- Suburban Land Reserve
- Wright Ventures
- January 2017
- March 2016Press Release
- February 2016
- June 12, 2015Press Release
- June 2, 2015
- May 6, 2015Press Release
- October 29, 2014Press Release
- June 11, 2014Press Release
- February 27, 2014Press Release
- February 24, 2014Press release
- June 12, 2013Press Release
- December 19, 2012Press Release
- Real Estate
- Commercial Leasing
- Environmental Regulation and Licensing
- Water Rights
- Foreclosures and Restructuring
- Land Use and Zoning
- Project Development and Agreements
- Purchase and Sale Transactions
- Real Estate Financing
- Natural Resources and Energy
- Business Formation, Structure and Exit Strategies
- Lending and Finance
- Commercial Bankruptcy and Creditors' Rights
- Equipment Leasing
- General Counsel Services
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Securities Law
- Eminent Domain/Condemnation
Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark Law School, J.D., cum laude
- Law Review
- National Moot Court Team
- Vice Chair, Board of Advocates
Utah State University, B.S., Economics major, Political Science minor, magna cum laude
- Honored as USU's number one business student
- Recipient of Utah State University four-year Academic Club Scholarship (Highest academic scholarship at USU)
- USU Student Body Vice-President
- Utah, 1996
- United States District Court for the District of Utah, 1996
Honors & Awards
- Chambers USA: Real Estate (2015, 2010)
- CCIM 2014 Real Estate Lawyer of the Year
- AV Preeminent rated lawyer by Martindale-Hubbell
- Super Lawyers national: Real Estate (2013 - 2015)
- Mountain States Super Lawyers: Real Estate (2016, 2011 - 2013, 2008 Rising Star)
- Utah Legal Elite: Real Estate (2016, 2010 - 2014)
Member and former Chairman, Utah State Bar YLD CLE Committee
Member, American Inns of Court I
Member of Utah State Bar, Real Estate