Matthew M. Adams
Mr. Adams is a member of the firm’s Business and Tax and Estate Planning sections. His practice includes tax, estate planning and corporate representation. He has significant experience representing clients in domestic and international corporate transactions and tax planning, including business formations and planning, mergers, stock and asset acquisitions, domestic and international restructuring and other corporate transaction matters as well as general corporate governance. Mr. Adams represents companies in all stages of growth from start-up to exit.
Mr. Adams also has in-depth experience representing clients on matters related to estate planning, asset protection, probate and trust administration, charitable giving, gift tax, and tax controversy.
- Advises and assists clients with implementing estate planning, asset protection, trusts, wealth succession, generation skipping, and planned charitable giving strategies.
- Former General Counsel to a company from its pre start-up phase to over $1.3 million in annual revenue. Represented the corporation and its subsidiaries in all their general legal and corporate governance needs.
- Practiced in the San Jose, California and Salt Lake City offices of Deloitte, a Big Four accounting firm, working with Fortune 500 and middle market companies on domestic and international tax planning, acquisitions, restructuring, and tax controversy needs.
- Began practice with Huntsman Gay Global Capital, a middle market private equity firm, structuring mergers and stock and asset acquisitions to achieve the most favorable tax consequences and the most advantageous corporate structure.
- January 21, 2015Utah Law & Justice Center
William and Mary School of Law, J.D., 2009
- Mary Siegrist Hinz Leadership Fellow
- Editor, William and Mary Environmental Law and Policy Review
Brigham Young University, Masters degree in Accounting, 2006
Brigham Young University, B.S. Accounting, 2005
- NCAA Division I Academic All-American
- NCAA Division I All-American (Track and Field, 3000 meter steeplechase)
- Utah, 2009
Utah State Bar, Tax, Estate Planning and Business Law Sections
Wasatch County Search and Rescue, Volunteer