Peter C. Schofield
Mr. Schofield is a member of the firm's Litigation and Healthcare sections. His practice is focused on complex commercial and general civil litigation. He represents and advises clients in all aspects and types of commercial and civil litigation, and his experience includes First Amendment litigation, real estate law, title insurance, title and escrow claims, zoning and land use, construction cases, foreclosures, healthcare, contract, business, insurance coverage and real property litigation.
Mr. Schofield is recognized as one of Utah's Legal Elite and as a Mountain States Super Lawyer Rising Star for business litigation.
- Prior to joining Kirton McConkie, worked as an associate with the law firm of Strong & Hanni.
- Experience representing clients in the construction and real estate industry on a variety of claims involving defective design and construction, interpretation of contracts, plans, specifications, bid disputes, entitlements, planning and zoning appeals, and a variety of other commercial matters.
- February 2016
- August 18, 2015Press Release
- April 3, 2015Press Release
- August 18, 2014Press Release
- June 11, 2014Press Release
- February 27, 2014Press Release
Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark Law School, J.D., 2002
Brigham Young University, B.A., Political Science, 1999
- Utah, 2002
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, 2010
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit, 2003
Honors & Awards
- Mountain States Super Lawyers: Rising Star in Business Litigation (2010 - 2014)
- Utah Legal Elite: Civil Litigation (2010 - 2017)
- Best Lawyers: Commercial Litigation (2015 - 2016)
Salt Lake County Bar
President, A. Sherman Christensen Inn of the American Inns of
U.S. District Court, District of Utah
Certified Mediator, 2002