Thomas L. Monson
Mr. Monson is a member of the firm's International section. His practice concentrates on international, corporate, and real estate law. He has practiced before state and federal administrative agencies regulating financial institutions, oil, gas, and mining, and environmental protection.
- Practiced with Van Cott, Bagley, Cornwall & McCarthy in Salt Lake City for eight years before joining Kirton & McConkie.
- Served as General Counsel and Senior Vice President of American Investment Bank, N.A., and other financial institution subsidiaries of Leucadia National Corporation.
- Practiced before state and federal administrative agencies regulating financial institutions, oil, gas, and mining, and environmental protection.
Recent Blog Posts
- Non-compliance with new EU data privacy rules can be costly Thomas L. Monson, Kyle G. Petersen
Perspective: Kirton McConkie Law Blog
- Noncompliance with New EU Data Privacy Rules can be CostlyNovember 5, 2015Reprinted with permission by Corporate Compliance Insights
University of Utah, S.J. Quinney School of Law, J.D., 1978
Brigham Young University, B.A., English, cum laude, 1975
- Utah, 1978
Utah State Bar, Client Security Fund Committee, served as its first Chairman, 1983 to 1988
Utah Governor's Mansion Foundation, Past Trustee
Governor's Artist Series Subcommittee, co-chaired this committee during the tenure of Governor Norman H. Bangerter