Thomas D. Walk
Mr. Walk is a member of the firm's Employment and Labor and Litigation sections as well as the Insurance industry practice. His practice focuses primarily on civil litigation and trial work involving tort cases, labor and employment, real estate, intellectual property, catastrophic injury and casualty losses as well as wills, trusts and estates. He primarily works on large-value catastrophic injury cases to persons and/or property.
Mr. Walk is recognized as one of Utah's Legal Elite for business litigation and insurance law.
- Extensive experience in the international arena, overseeing and supervising the work of local/foreign attorneys and representing a large corporate client in the areas of incorporating United States and foreign legal entities, closing real property, currency exchange, and other financial and commercial transactions.
- Conducts legal audits.
- Handles personal injury defense, medical malpractice defense, breach of contract disputes, employment and labor disputes, and probate disputes.
- Advises clients on labor/employment matters, contract disputes and real estate litigation relating to purchases, sales, construction, boundary disputes, risk management and insurance coverage.
University of Washington, J.D., 1989
University of Utah, B.A., Organizational Communication, 1986
- Served as a clerk for the United States Department of Justice, United States Attorney's Office
- Utah, 1989
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of Utah, 1989
Honors & Awards
- Utah Legal Elite: Business Litigation and Insurance
American Bar Association