Todd E. Zenger
Mr. Zenger is a member of the firm's Intellectual Property section and the Litigation, Trials & Appeals section. His practice includes all intellectual property litigation including patent, trademark, copyright, unfair competition, false advertising, Internet, trade secret and trade dress. He has served as lead counsel and local counsel in numerous matters in state and federal courts. He is recognized as one of Utah's Legal Elite for intellectual property.
- Experienced in practicing Intellectual Property law since 1989.
- Currently Adjunct Professor of patent law at S.J. Quinney College of Law, University of Utah. Also, served as an Adjunct Professor of law at the J. Reuben Clark Law School at Brigham Young University where he taught courses on patent, copyright, and trademark law.
- Zenger and Anderson successfully represent CleanCut in lawsuitOctober 10, 2012Press Release
- United States Patent, Copyright and Trademark Litigation: A Common Law Perspective, presented in Kitzbuehel, Austria at the 2011 Global Strategies After the Crisis conference sponsored by the Center for International Legal StudiesFebruary 2011
George Washington University, LL.M., Patent and Trade Regulation, 1989
Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark Law School, J.D., 1987
- BYU Law Review
University of Utah, B.S., Mining Engineering, 1984
- Judicial clerk to the Honorable Moody R. Tidwell of the United States Court of Federal Claims, 1987 - 1988
- Judicial intern to Judge Helen Nies of the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, 1988
- Utah, 1989
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, 2013
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, 2004
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit, 2000
- United States District Court for the District of Utah, 1989
- United States Court of Federal Claims, 1988
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, 1988
Honors & Awards
- Utah Legal Elite: Intellectual Property.
Utah State Bar, Intellectual Property section and Cyber law section, Past President
American Intellectual Property Law Association
American Bar Association, Intellectual Property Section
International Trademark Association
The Copyright Society of the U.S.A.