Von G. Keetch
Mr. Keetch is a member of the firm's First Amendment and Religious Organizations section and the Litigation, Trials and Appeals section.
Mr. Keetch is recognized as one of Utah's Legal Elite for business litigation, Best Lawyers for First Amendment law and one of the Mountain States Super Lawyers for Civil Rights/First Amendment law.
- Chief Outside Counsel for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- Advises a diverse group of clients on a broad range of constitutional issues, including Establishment Clause and Free Exercise issues, Free Speech issues, Free Press issues, and Takings claims.
- Has testified before Congress on several occasions on issues of religious liberty.
- Delegate-National Coalition on the Free Exercise of Religion.
- Former Chair of the Utah Appellate Court Nominating Commission (2006 - 2009).
- Served as a judicial clerk to Chief Justice Warren Burger and Associate Justice Antonin Scalia of the United States Supreme Court.
- Served as a judicial clerk to Judge George C. Pratt of the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.
- Member and Advisor, American Law Institute.
- In one context or another, has represented virtually all of America's mainline religious organizations.
- The Need for Legislation to Enshrine Free Exercise in the Land Use ContextApril 199932 U.C. Davis Law Review 725
- March 2016Press Release
- August 18, 2015Press Release
- June 12, 2015Press Release
- April 3, 2015Press Release
- August 18, 2014Press Release
- June 11, 2014Press Release
- February 27, 2014Press Release
- August 15, 2013Press Release
- September 13, 2012Press Release
- August 23, 2012Press release
Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark Law School, J.D., summa cum laude, 1987
- Order of the Coif; Ranked first in class
- Managing Editor, BYU Law Review, 1986 - 1987
Brigham Young University, B.A., Political Science, 1984
- United States District Court for the District of Utah
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Supreme Court
Honors & Awards
- Utah Legal Elite: Government (2015), Civil Litigation (2014), Business Litigation (2013, 2011)
- Best Lawyers: First Amendment Law (2016 - 2003) and Appellate (2016, 2015)
- Mountain States Super Lawyer: Civil Rights/First Amendment (2007 - 2016)
Utah State Bar, Constitutional Law section, Former Chair