- tel: 801.328.3600
- fax: 801.321.4893
Mr. Meaders is a member of firm's Real Property, Leasing and Land Use section. His practice emphasizes real estate and commercial transactions and disputes as well as lending law. He represents buyers, sellers, developers, and lenders in the financing, acquisition, leasing, and sale of commercial and industrial properties and in basic shopping center development, including both anchor tenant and small tenant leasing. He has represented clients such as Ralph L. Wadsworth Construction Co., Inc., Sorenson Associates, LLC, Thrivent Financial for Lutherans, and SLI Commercial Real Estate Co.
Mr. Meaders is recognized as one of Utah's Legal Elite and by Chambers USA for real estate. He is AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
- Practiced as a partner and shareholder with Prince Yeates & Geldzahler and then Lundberg & Meaders prior to joining Kirton McConkie.
- Practiced as an associate at Van Cott, Bagley, Cornwall & McCarthy, 1977-1979
- Drafted and lobbied for passage of the Utah Mortgage Lending and Servicing Act, 1990, as an attorney for the Utah Bankers Association, Utah Mortgage Bankers Association, and Utah League of Insured Savings Institutions
- Has represented clients such as Ralph L. Wadsworth Construction Co., Inc., Sorenson Associates, LLC, Thrivent Financial for Lutherans, and SLI Commercial Real Estate Co.
- Represents buyers, sellers, developers, and lenders in the financing, acquisition, leasing, and sale of commercial and industrial properties, and in basic shopping center development, including both anchor tenant and small tenant leasing
- Represents lenders and borrowers in negotiating loan "workouts" and resolving title insurance claims
- Represents financial institutions in loan servicing and loan sales involving complicated practical and regulatory questions
- Assists clients in foreclosures and litigation involving commercial real estate
- June 10, 2013Press Release
- May 16, 2013
- February 2012Law360
Duke University School of Law, J.D., 1977
Brigham Young University, B.A., Business Administration, 1974
- Utah, 1977
- United States District Court for the District of Utah, 1977
Honors & Awards
- Utah State Bar Distinguished Real Property Practitioner of the Year Award (2013)
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Chambers USA: Real Estate (2013, 2012)
- Utah Legal Elite: Real Estate (2013, 2011)
- Member, Kirton McConkie Board of Directors
Utah State Bar, Real Property section positions held: past Chair, former President
Duke Law Journal, Board of Editors
Duke Law Journal, Contributor Judge