The Future of Adoption In America Symposium
Echoing the many facets of adoption and assisted reproduction technology law, The Future of Adoption in America Symposium will be interdisciplinary. Professionals with diverse expertise will be attending and presenting workshops. The conference is open to both members and non-members of AAAA and AAARTA.
Kirton McConkie adoption lawyer Larry Jenkins is the AAAA Conference Chair.
Keynote Speech: Kathleen Strottman, Executive Director of the Congressional Coalition on Adoption Institute, Washington, D.C.
Plenary Session: Adam Pertman, Executive Director of the Evan B. Donaldson Institute.
Academic Track Plenary Sessions: Faculty from U. of Missouri Law School, Georgia State, Boalt Hall Law School, BYU Law School, Capital U. Law School, Howard University, and Seattle U. Law School. U. of Missouri Law School, Georgia State, Boalt Hall Law School, BYU Law School, Capital U. Law School, Howard University, and Seattle U. Law School.
Social Work Track Sessions: Intercountry Adoptions - The Hague 5 Years Later; The Emergence of HIV+ Adoptions; The Future of Interstate Domestic Adoptions.
Tentative sessions include:
- Same-gender couples, adoption, and religious liberty
- Native American tribal rights vs. parental rights
- International adoption: Hague 5 years later
- Confronting broken adoptions
- Interstate issues & conflicts of law, including putative father registries
- Pre-natal abandonment
- Keynote from executive director of the Congressional Coalition on Adoption Institute