Commercial Bankruptcy and Creditors' Rights
Kirton McConkie’s Commercial Bankruptcy and Creditors’ Rights group has extensive experience representing parties in all types and stages of bankruptcy matters. We have assisted clients with chapter 7, chapter 9, chapter 11, chapter 12, chapter 13, and chapter 15 cases.
Our business bankruptcy legal services include:
- Filing involuntary petitions
- Negotiating debtor-in-possession (DIP) financing
- Buying and selling assets
- Structuring liquidation and reorganization plans
- Addressing treatment of executory contracts
- Defending preference, fraudulent transfer, and other avoidance actions.
In addition, we routinely represent clients in workouts and restructurings, mediations and arbitrations, assignments for the benefit of creditors, state and federal receiverships, and insurance and other non-bankruptcy insolvency proceedings. We have advised clients about transaction structuring and have prepared bankruptcy opinions for financings.
As a full-service law firm, Kirton McConkie bankruptcy lawyers also draw on the experience of our commercial litigation, real estate, tax, corporate and intellectual property groups to assist with myriad issues that may arise.
Our attorneys have been consistently recognized by professional organizations and industry publications, locally and nationally. They are involved in the bankruptcy legal community, serve in leadership positions on educational committees, volunteer for bankruptcy clinics, and teach bankruptcy courses at local law schools.
- February 2016
- November 3, 2015Press Release
- August 18, 2015Press Release
- May 6, 2015Press Release
- August 18, 2014Press Release
- May 27, 2014The Wall Street Journal
- May 15, 2014Press Release
- September 17 - 18, 2014