Employee Benefits, Compensation and ERISA
Our employment lawyers work with employers to develop and administer defined contribution and benefit plans, deferred compensation plans and early retirement incentives.
Benefit, compensation and ERISA services include, but are not limited to:
- Consulting, drafting and implementing pension, profit sharing, stock option, employee stock ownership (ESOP) plans as well as other deferred compensation and employee benefit plans—qualified and non-qualified.
- Preparing or reviewing plan documents, summary plan descriptions and plan communication to employees.
- Drafting executive compensation agreements and advice on tax consequences, disclosures and regulatory compliance.
- Reviewing 401(k) plan investment procedures for compliance with ERISA guidelines.
- Applying for IRS determination letters.
- Assisting with U.S. Department of Labor and IRS audits
- Consulting on benefit plans such as health plans, cafeteria plans and health savings accounts (HSAs).
- Advising on issues related to COBRA, HIPPA, Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployments Rights Act (USERRA) and the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
In conjunction with our Immigration groups, we assist companies with issues as foreign nationals' participation in United States employer plans.
When employment matters escalate, our attorneys represent employers in connection with benefit, compensation and ERISA disputes.
Articles & White Papers
- July 2015
- June 2015Utah Employment Law Letter
- February 2014Utah Employment Law Letter
- March 2016Press Release
- August 18, 2015Press Release
- June 12, 2015Press Release
- August 18, 2014Press Release
- June 11, 2014Press Release
- August 15, 2013Press Release
- August 23, 2012Press release