Kirton McConkie lawyers are well-versed in the insurance requirements of public agency or private sector projects and can assist surety companies and surety claimants with all aspects of bond requirements, claims, recovery and litigation, including:
- Counsel on all aspects of coverage and risk management strategies
- Respond to defaults and analyze the legal issues of claims of subcontractors and suppliers.
- Draft documentation and prepare opinion letters.
- Examine options to mitigate damages.
- Provide bond claims defense by resolving surety claims through arbitration, mediation or through litigation in state or federal courts.
- Preserve and defend client’s right to recovery on indemnity, assignment, subrogation or other rights.
- Negotiate takeovers.
- Work with engineering professionals and consultants to complete troubled construction projects.
- Assist with surety workouts and bankruptcies.
In addition, our surety attorneys are supported through the depth of resources only a full-service firm provides, including real property, employment, litigation and tax attorneys.