Kirton McConkie associates bring the highest level of professionalism, intellect, and understanding of the law. We offer a collaborative work environment where our goal is that every associate transitions to a shareholder in an area of the law they choose.
Kirton McConkie offers an unmatched training program for its associates. We’re committed to ensuring our associates are given opportunities and experiences to help them integrate within each section and build their own clients.
- Regularly-scheduled in-house associate 101 classes from Kirton McConkie’s experienced legal experts (ex: associate boot camp, corporate transactions, legal writing for lawyers, client development, depositions, etc.)
- Dedicated CLE budget to encourage associates to develop individual expertise
- Fully-paid external specialized programs, such as the NITA training for litigators
- Client development funds to allow senior associates to build their own books of business
- Robust mentor program for each associate, including monthly lunches through the year, to provide professional guidance and personal development
- Unlimited access to Practicing Law Institute’s cache of live and on-demand CLE programs
Kirton McConkie associates also benefit from an Associate Committee made up of seasoned shareholders who oversee the implementation of the Associate Development Plan, created by the board of directors, to chart the course for a successful career at Kirton McConkie. We also have an Associate Liaison Committee, which comprises associates who liaise with the Associate Committee on behalf of the associates to address areas of feedback or concern.
The annual associate retreat is held as Snowbird and welcomes associates and their significant others. The retreat includes a morning of meetings with firm management followed by social events, dinner, and an overnight stay at the resort.
We are proud of our innovative balanced-hours policy for family-friendly work needs. We believe this policy is the reason why Kirton McConkie has more female attorneys practicing in Utah than any other firm in the state.
HEALTH & WELLNESS BENEFITS
We are dedicated to the health and wellness of each of our employees. This is one of the many reasons our employees stay with us for so many years. Our benefits include*:
- The firm pays 85% of the health insurance premium for employees and their families and offers both a traditional and high-deductible options with associated FSA and HSA savings accounts.
- The firm will make a matching contribution of 3% to employee 401K plans. Frequently, the firm also contributes an additional annual discretionary profit-sharing contribution (vesting schedules apply).
- The firm pays 100% of employee dental insurance premiums.
- The firm helps to protect our employees against worst-case scenarios by offering 100% firm-paid life insurance.
- The firm pays 100% of long-term disability as a safety net to cover any employees who become disabled and are no longer able to work.
- The firm offers Connect Care, a free telehealth app for those on the traditional plan, so employees can get care from anywhere they have WiFi—be it their living room or favorite vacation spot.
- Wellness rooms, showers, and bike storage are available at each of our five locations.
- Free flu shot clinics are offered each fall.
- Through our insurance provider, SelectHealth, the firm offers additional resources, such as an employee assistance program, smoking cessation, and nutrition counseling.
*Eligibility requirements apply.
To view open positions, click here.