Kirton McConkie Associates bring the highest in professionalism, intellect, and understanding of the law. We offer a collaborative work environment where our goal is that every Associate transition to Shareholder in an area of the law they choose.
Kirton McConkie offers an unmatched training program for its Associates. We’re committed to see that our Associates are given opportunities and experience to help them integrate within each section and build their own clients.
- Regularly scheduled in-house Associate 101 classes from Kirton McConkie’s experienced legal experts (e.g., Associate Boot-Camp, Corporate Transactions, Legal Writing for Lawyers, Client Development, Depositions, etc.)
- Dedicated CLE budget encourages associates to develop individual expertise
- Fully paid external specialized programs, such as the NITA training for litigators
- Client development “lunch bucket” allows senior Associates to build their own book of business
- Robust mentor program for each Associate, including monthly lunches throughout each year, to provide professional guidance and personal development
- Unlimited access to Practicing Law Institute’s cache of live and on-demand CLE programs
Kirton McConkie Associates also benefit from an Associate Committee, comprised of seasoned Shareholders who oversee the implementation of the Associate Development Plan, created by the Board of Directors, to chart the course for a successful career at Kirton McConkie. There is also an Associate Liaison Committee, comprised of Associates, who liaise with the Associate Committee on behalf of the Associates, to address areas of feedback or concern.
The annual Associates Retreat is held as Snowbird and welcomes Associates and their significant others. The retreat includes a morning of meetings with firm management, followed by social events, dinner, and an overnight stay at the resort.
Kirton McConkie is proud of our innovative balanced-hours policy for family-friendly work needs. We believe this policy is the reason why Kirton McConkie has more female attorneys practicing in Utah than any other firm in the state.
HEALTH & WELLNESS BENEFITS
Kirton McConkie is also very dedicated to the health and wellness of each of our employees. This is one of the many reasons our employees stay with us for so many years. Our benefits include*:
- The Firm pays 85% of the health insurance premium for employees and their families. The firm offers both a traditional and a high-deductible option with associated FSA and HSA savings accounts
- The firm will make a matching contribution of 3% to employee 401K plans. Frequently, the firm also contributes an additional annual discretionary profit-sharing contribution (Vesting schedules apply)
- The firm pays 100% of employee dental insurance premiums
- The firm helps to protect our employees against worst-case scenarios by offering 100% firm-paid life insurance
- The firm pays 100% of Long-Term Disability as a safety net to cover any employees who become disabled and are no longer able to work
- The firm offers Connect Care, a FREE tele-health app for those on our traditional plan, so employees can get care from anywhere they have Wi-Fi—be it their living room or favorite vacation spot
- Wellness rooms, showers, and bike storage are available at each of our four locations
- Free flu shot clinics are offered in the fall of each year
- Through our insurance provider, SelectHealth, the firm offers additional resources such as an Employee Assistance Program, Smoking Cessation, and Weigh to Health Nutrition Counseling
*Eligibility requirements apply.
To view open positions, click here.