Intellectual Property Law Primer for Programmers
Utah Geek Events
IP lawyer David Conklin will present an overview of important intellectual property (IP) concepts programmers should consider to protect their code.
Topics will include:
- Overview of different types of Intellectual Property (IP)
- How to know when you have created IP
- Options for protecting your IP
- Protecting code: Copyright vs. Patent
- Domestic vs. International Protection
- Creative Commons
Utah Geek Events is a not-for-profit organization based in Salt Lake City, Utah and was formed to provide training opportunities for the Utah technical community. They currently organize the Utah Code Camp event, which is held every 6 months and offers free training to members of the community.