Mr. Pearson is a member of the firm's Corporate section, representing a wide variety of clients, including public and private companies, boards of directors, and institutional and individual investors. Mr. Pearson’s clients rely on his experience in securities law compliance and complex merger and acquisition transactions, as well as his legal counsel on day-to-day management, governance, contracts and finance matters.
Mr. Pearson has been recognized by his peers as one of Utah's Up & Coming Legal Elite for corporate law.
Former President, Securities section of the Utah State Bar
Utah State Bar, Business section
Honors & Awards
Utah Legal Elite: Corporate Law and Transactions (2015, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2021)
- Regularly assists emerging growth and mature companies on a broad range of corporate finance and business transactions, including negotiating and drafting asset and stock purchase agreements, private and public securities offerings, and other debt and equity financing transactions.
- Regularly assists companies in the compliance work required by the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, including drafting annual and quarterly reports, current reports and proxy materials.
- M&A practice includes assisting a wide variety of clients with all aspects of M&A transactions including diligence, drafting, negotiating and closing, with deal sizes ranging from tens of thousands to hundreds of millions.
- Member of attorney team representing shareholders in the sale of stock of a gas station/convenience store business for approximately $500 million.
- Member of attorney team representing Deseret Management Corporation and Bonneville International Corporation (BIC) in BIC's sale of 17 radio stations to Hubbard Broadcasting, Inc. in a cash transaction of approximately $505 million.
- Member of attorney team representing public company purchaser in the purchase of equity of a surgical robotics company for approximately $100 million.
- Has represented several publicly-traded issuers in Private Investment in Public Equity (PIPE) transactions.
News & Events
- Press Release, 04.03.2015
- Utah Business, 07.2012
- Utah Business, 12.2011
University of Utah, S.J. Quinney College of Law, J.D., Honors
- Utah Law Review
- S.J. and Jesse E. Quinney Foundation Scholarship
- George S. and Dolores Dore Eccles Foundation Scholarship
Brigham Young University, B.A. Economics
- Joe & Joanne Livingston Scholarship
- Glenn E. & Olive W. Neilson Scholarship
- Utah State Bar
- State Bar of Texas