Mr. Mejia specializes in corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, and business law. He serves on the Utah State Bar Examiner Committee (Business Entities).
Mr. Mejia is recognized as one of Utah's Legal Elite for Corporate Law and Transactions and Mergers and Acquisitions, and as a Mountain States Super Lawyer for Business/Corporate law.
- Utah State Bar Examiner Committee, Business Entities
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section
- Utah State Bar, Business Law, Corporate Counsel, and Labor and Employment Sections
- Salt Lake County Bar Association
- Past Chair, Corporate Section
- Past Chair, Events Committee
- Past Member, Hiring Committee
- Past Member, Associates Committee
- Past Associate Mentor
- Firm Representative, TAGLaw
Community / Civic Involvement
- Past Trustee, Alta Club, Board of Directors
- Past Secretary, Alta Club, Board of Directors
- Past Member, Alta Club, Finance Committee
- Past Chair, Alta Club, Capital Facilities Committee
- Past Trustee, Catholic Foundation of Utah, Board of Directors
- Member, Cathedral of the Madeleine, Finance Committee
- Past Trustee, Homeowners Association, Board of Directors
- Past Director, Salt Lake Area Restaurant Association, Board of Directors
Honors & Awards
Mountain States Super Lawyers: Rising Star for Business/Corporate law
Utah Legal Elite: Corporate Law and Transactions, and Mergers and Acquisitions
- Issuer’s counsel on $72,760,000 Tax‑Exempt Telecommunications Revenue and Refunding Bond Transaction.
- Co-Counsel in defense of transportation broker in $100,000,000 class action lawsuit in California state court, alleging misclassification.
- Lead counsel in defense of companies in $153,000,000 lawsuit by the Federal Trade Commission in California federal court, alleging cramming violations.
- Local counsel for borrower in C$105,000,000 loan transaction.
- Local counsel for borrower in C$120,000,000 loan transaction.
- Local counsel for borrower in C$165,000,000 loan transaction.
- Assisted in $505,000,000 radio industry asset purchase.
News & Events
Cornell Law School, J.D.
University of California, Berkeley, B.A., History, Spanish Minor
- U.S. District Court for the District of Utah
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- Superior Court of California, County of Santa Clara