Chad Grange is a member of the firm's International and Corporate sections. He has a broad international and domestic background in general corporate, mergers and acquisitions, private equity, hi-tech/digital media, alternative energy technologies, direct sales, MLM, international and domestic distributorships, licensing, medical device, pharmaceutical, and other life science company representation. He has worked as an attorney in Tokyo, Japan, and New York City, New York, where he represented publicly-traded and privately-held clients in all facets of both the buy and sell sides of mergers and acquisitions transactions, such as cash/stock deals, tender offers, reverse subsidiary mergers, and other sophisticated corporate transactions.
Mr. Grange represents the entire spectrum of domestic and international organizations, from pre-revenue startups, to multibillion-dollar a year entities. He also acts as outside general counsel for several clients with a particular expertise in contract negotiations, drafting, and management across the entire organization. As an adjunct professor of law at the University of Utah’s S.J. Quinney College of Law, Mr. Grange teaches the very popular “Contracts in the Modern Economy” course.
Mr. Grange is recognized as one of Utah's Legal Elite for business, corporate, and international law, and as a Mountain States Super Lawyers Rising Star for mergers and acquisitions.
Community / Civic Involvement
Adjunct Professor of Law at the University of Utah S.J. Quinney College of Law
New York Pharma Forum
Honors & Awards
Mountain States Super Lawyers: Rising Star for Mergers & Acquisitions (2012 - 2014)
Utah Legal Elite: Corporate Law & Transactions (2015), International (2011 - 2016)
Who's Who Legal Award: Telecommunications Media & Technology (2016)
- Represented a public company client in its $900 million acquisition of a 50% equity stake in numerous geothermal and natural gas energy facilities throughout the United States; managed due diligence process for the transaction.
- Represented Robert Bosch LLC in a $1 billion international structured financing transaction and sale and repurchase agreements.
- Managed and led corporate due diligence teams on numerous mergers and acquisitions, financings and other complex corporate transactions on deals ranging in size from $5 million to over $1 billion.
- Represented an existing Japanese client in a roughly $20 million stock acquisition of a high-tech U.S. corporation. Advised public company client in its Japanese subsidiary's civil rehabilitation procedure and debt and equity restructuring.
- Represented a publicly traded German corporation, in a complex repo transaction that involved a reverse subsidiary merger with total consideration in excess of $3 billion. Represented Japan's largest oncology company in a dispute with one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world regarding the joint development of new anti-angiogenic cancer compounds, including a negotiated settlement and license agreement valued at over $1 billion.
- Represented publicly listed pharmaceutical company with internal employee fraud investigation relating to clinical trial agreements, participated in litigation and established compliance program to conform with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Successfully negotiated and advised privately held S-Corp in a private placement and complex corporate restructuring of its multiple entities into new single streamlined entity
- Advised international clients on corporate governance strategies in light of the Sarbanes-Oxley rules and regulations, as well as the intricacies of listing and delisting from U.S. stock markets
- Advised leading Japanese medical device manufacturing client regarding business and products liability strategies connected with its globally successful kidney dialysis machines
- Established several corporations in Japan (Kabushiki Kaisha, Yugen Gaisha, etc.) for internationally based clientele interested in establishing a presence in the Japanese and other Asian markets
- Advised numerous direct sales companies on establishing and expanding their operations in Japan and Asia
News & Events
- Press Release, 04.03.2015
- Press Release, 06.11.2014
- Press Release, 02.27.2014
- Healthcare Finance News, 08.23.2012
- Business Formation, Structure, and Exit Strategies
- Cybersecurity and Data Privacy
- Employment Contracts and Agreements
- Environmental, Natural Resources, and Energy
- European Markets
- Foreign Direct Investment
- General Counsel Services
- International Intellectual Property
- International Law: Trade and Taxation
- Lending and Finance
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Securities Law
Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark Law School, J.D., 2001
Brigham Young University, B.A., 1998
- Utah, 2001
- United States Court of Appeals Tenth District, 2020