Mr. Grange is a member of the firm's International and Corporate section. Mr. Grange has a broad international and domestic background in general corporate, M&A, private equity, hi-tech/digital media, alternative energy technologies, direct sales, MLM, international and domestic distributorships, medical device, pharmaceutical and other life science company representation. He has worked as an attorney in Tokyo and New York City, where he represented publicly-traded and privately-held clients in all facets of M&A transactions such as cash/stock deals, reverse subsidiary mergers and other matters. He also advised clients on hi-tech and alternative energy transactions, project finance work including geothermal, natural gas, clean-coal, wind, biodiesel and ethanol facilities.
Mr. Grange is recognized as one of Utah's Legal Elite for international law and as a Mountain States Super Lawyers Rising Star for mergers and acquisitions.
Community / Civic Involvement
New York Pharma Forum
Honors & Awards
Mountain States Super Lawyers: Rising Star for Mergers & Acquisitions (2012 - 2014)
Utah Legal Elite: Corporate Law & Transactions (2015), International (2011 - 2016)
Who's Who Legal Award: Telecommunications Media & Technology (2016)
- Represented a public company client in its $900 million acquisition of a 50% equity stake in numerous geothermal and natural gas energy facilities throughout the United States; managed due diligence process for the transaction.
- Represented Robert Bosch LLC in a $1 billion international structured financing transaction and sale and repurchase agreements.
- Managed and led corporate due diligence teams on numerous mergers and acquisitions, financings and other complex corporate transactions on deals ranging in size from $5 million to over $1 billion.
- Represented an existing Japanese client in a roughly $20 million stock acquisition of a high-tech U.S. corporation. Advised public company client in its Japanese subsidiary's civil rehabilitation procedure and debt and equity restructuring.
- Represented a publicly traded German corporation, in a complex repo transaction that involved a reverse subsidiary merger with total consideration in excess of $3 billion. Represented Japan's largest oncology company in a dispute with one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world regarding the joint development of new anti-angiogenic cancer compounds, including a negotiated settlement and license agreement valued at over $1 billion.
- Represented publicly listed pharmaceutical company with internal employee fraud investigation relating to clinical trial agreements, participated in litigation and established compliance program to conform with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Successfully negotiated and advised privately held S-Corp in a private placement and complex corporate restructuring of its multiple entities into new single streamlined entity
- Advised international clients on corporate governance strategies in light of the Sarbanes-Oxley rules and regulations, as well as the intricacies of listing and delisting from U.S. stock markets
- Advised leading Japanese medical device manufacturing client regarding business and products liability strategies connected with its globally successful kidney dialysis machines
- Established several corporations in Japan (Kabushiki Kaisha, Yugen Gaisha, etc.) for internationally based clientele interested in establishing a presence in the Japanese and other Asian markets
- Advised numerous direct sales companies on establishing and expanding their operations in Japan and Asia
News & Events
- Press Release, 04.03.2015
- Press Release, 06.11.2014
- Press Release, 02.27.2014
- Healthcare Finance News, 08.23.2012
- Business Formation, Structure and Exit Strategies
- Cybersecurity and Data Privacy
- European Markets
- Foreign Direct Investment
- General Counsel Services
- International Intellectual Property
- International Law: Trade and Taxation
- Lending and Finance
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Natural Resources and Energy
- Securities Law
Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark Law School, J.D., 2001
Brigham Young University, B.A., 1998
- Utah, 2001
- United States Court of Appeals Tenth District, 2020