Mr. Dowden is a member of the firm’s Corporate section. His practice focuses on corporate and securities law with an emphasis on business formation and planning , private securities offerings, mergers, stock and asset acquisitions, and contract drafting and negotiation. In addition, he assists clients with general securities law compliance, including assisting public companies with regular SEC reporting requirements, corporate governance issues and general corporate matters. Prior to joining Kirton McConkie, Mr. Dowden served as a law clerk to Judge Jill N. Parrish of the U.S. District Court for the District of Utah.
- Utah State Bar: Securities Law Section, Business Law Section, Corporate Counsel Section
- University of Utah S.J. Quinney College of Law – Young Alumni Association Board Member
- Regularly counsels clients on general corporate matters including entity selection and formation, business entity governance matters (e.g., limited liability company operating agreements, bylaws, etc.), shareholder agreements, registration rights agreements, promissory notes, warrants, and other general advice and transactional work.
- M&A practice includes assisting a wide variety of clients with all aspects of M&A transactions including diligence, drafting, negotiating and closing, with deal sizes ranging from tens of thousands to hundreds of millions.
- Assisted in the representation of several publicly traded clients in connection with their regular SEC reporting obligations.
- Assisted in multiple private securities offerings and related regulatory filings under Regulation D and state Blue Sky laws.
News & Events
- Judicial Law Clerk to Judge Jill N. Parrish, U.S. District Court for the District of Utah, 2016-2017
- University of Utah, S.J. Quinney College of Law, J.D., with highest honors, 2016
- Order of the Coif
- Utah Law Review, Executive Managing Editor
- Barrister’s Award, 2014
- National Moot Court Team, Regional Competition Runner-up and Best Brief
- Quinney Research Fellow
- Business Law Society – Board Member
- Weber State University, B.A., Political Science, summa cum laude, 2012
- Presidential Scholarship, 2010-2012
- Political Science/Philosophy Department Dean's Scholarship, 2011-2012
- Spanish Minor
- Phi Kappa Phi
- Utah, 2016