Mr. Hill has broad experience in civil litigation proceedings in state and federal trial and appellate courts in Utah and California. Mr. Hill tries cases and settles disputes for clients in a broad set of industries, but with a primary focus on healthcare, real estate, and fiduciary management industries. He has experience addressing a broad range of legal issues for clients in those industries and others, including antitrust, ERISA, trust and probate disputes, and other contract and business disputes. Mr. Hill is a Harvard Law graduate and came to Kirton McConkie after working several years at Latham & Watkins in California. He continues to serve clients with litigation needs in both California and Utah.
Mr. Hill is recognized as one of Utah's Legal Elite and as a Mountain States Super Lawyer for business litigation.
California Bar Association
Utah Bar Association
Honors & Awards
Super Lawyers national: Business Litigation (2013, 2014)
Utah Legal Elite: Civil Litigation (2006, 2010 - 2021)
Mountain States Super Lawyers: Business Litigation (2015 - 2018, 2021)
Mountain States Super Lawyers: Rising Star in Litigation (2009, 2013)
Vice President, Kirton McConkie; Member, Executive Committee
Who's Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges (1995 - 1996)
Member, Kirton McConkie Board of Directors
Secretary, Kirton McConkie Executive Committee
- Obtained $13 million damages award for health insurance provider in contract dispute with the Utah Department of Health.
- Obtained dismissal with no liability for Medicare insurer defending against False Claims Act action claiming damages in excess of $500 million.
- Favorable settlement for trustee on eve of trial after defending for five years claims asserting more than $2.5 million, by dividing trust property among beneficiaries with no financial penalties to trustee.
- Appellate reversal protecting landowner from state agency intrusion onto land attempting to conduct invasive feasibility surveys and studies.
- Dansie v. Herriman City, 2006 UT 23, 134 P. 3d 1139
- Morgan Creek Residential v. Kemp (2007) 153 Cal. App. 4th 675
- Fisher v. Fisher, 2009 UT App. 305 _P. 3d_
- In re Anne Blackham Aogon Trust, 2014 UT App. 269, 339 P.3d 937
- Cea V. Hoffman, 2012 UT App. 101, 276 P.3d 1178
- Property Reserve, Inc. V. Superior Court (2014) 224 Ca. App. 4th 828
News & Events
- Press Release, 06.11.2018
- Press Release, 06.13.2017
- Press Release, 03.2016
- Press release, 10.29.2015
- Press Release, 06.12.2015
- Press Release, 04.03.2015
- Press Release, 06.11.2014
- Press Release, 02.27.2014
- Press Release, 06.12.2013
- The Legal Implications of Sharing Economy Models: A Deeper Look into Uber's Impact on Competition and Other Legal Issues05.2016
- The Antitrust Implications of Restricting Uber Ride Sharing and Tesla's Direct Sales Model10.2015
- Trial Skills as Demonstrated by Vincent Gambini02.2015
- Trial Skills as Demonstrated by Vincent Gambini09.2011
- Antitrust: An Overview for the General Litigator07.2011
Harvard Law School, Cambridge, MA, J.D., 1999
Metropolitan State College, Denver, CO, B.A., Economics, 1996
- California, 1999
- Utah, 2003
- U.S. District Court for the District of Utah
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California