Mr. Evans is a member of the firm's Corporate and International Sections. He specializes in domestic and international general corporate and securities transactions, such as business formation and planning (including general corporate governance matters such as limited liability company operating agreements, bylaws, shareholder agreements, registration rights agreements, etc.), promissory notes, warrants, employment agreements, private securities offerings, mergers, stock/asset acquisitions, and other corporate transactions and matters. He also regularly represents publicly-traded clients in connection with their regular SEC reporting obligations.
Mr. Evans is recognized as one of Utah's Legal Elite for corporate law and as a Mountain States Super Lawyers Rising Star for mergers and acquisitions.
Utah State Bar: Securities section, Business section
Honors & Awards
Utah Legal Elite: Corporate Law & Transactions (2014 - 2017), Corporate (2010 - 2012)
Mountain States Super Lawyers: Rising Star in Mergers & Acquisitions (2011, 2012)
- Regularly counsels clients on general corporate matters including entity formation, general corporate governance matters (e.g., limited liability company operating agreements, bylaws, etc.), shareholder agreements, registration rights agreements, promissory notes, warrants, employment agreements, and other general advice and transactional work.
- Represents clients on a broad range of corporate finance and business transactions, including negotiating and drafting asset and stock purchase agreements, private securities offerings, and other debt and equity financing transactions.
- Significant experience preparing and reviewing private placement memoranda, prospectuses and other offering and disclosure documents, and negotiating investment terms in connection with private placements of debt and equity securities.
- Assisted in the representation of several publicly traded clients in connection with their regular SEC reporting obligations.
News & Events
- Press Release, 04.03.2015
- Press Release, 02.27.2014
Lewis & Clark Law School, J.D.
- Editor-in-Chief, International Legal Perspectives, 2003
- Moot Court Honor Board, 2003
- Business Law Roundtable Scholar, 2003
Brigham Young University, B.A., Japanese
- Utah, 2005
- Oregon, 2003 (inactive)