David A. Hildebrandt is a member of the firm's Corporate section. He has more than 35 years of experience in the design, implementation, administration, and government regulation of domestic and international employee benefit programs, qualified and non-qualified private retirement plans, deferred compensation programs, insurance programs, and other cash and stock-based compensation and benefits programs.
Primary clients in the U.S. are Fortune 200 companies and the financial and insurance companies, which are the service providers to the benefit plan industry. Internationally, Mr. Hildebrandt represents companies based in the U.S., EU, Mexico, India, and China (PRC and Taiwan). He advises Ministries in China (PRC) on the benefits programs incident to the privatization of State Owned Enterprises.
Mr. Hildebrandt is a Certified Public Accountant and has been admitted to the practice of law in the U.S. Supreme Court, the District of Columbia Federal Court of Appeals, and several states. He is a charter fellow of the American Bar Association College of Employee Benefits Counsel.
Honors & Awards
Appointed by the White House and Congress as a delegate to the Department of Labor's 2002 Summit on Retirement Savings
- Insurance and IFC project financing
- Emerging Chinese market and World Trade Organization Agreement with China
- Harmonization of EU financial participation programs
- Global cross-border stock, compensation, and benefit plans ERISA
- IRS Determination Letter procedures
- Plan termination and mergers
- Employee benefit plans in mergers, corporate re-organizations, and acquisitions
University of Wisconsin Law School, JD, 1970
- Note and Comment Editor, Law Review
- Order of the Coif
- Passed CPA Exam
Brigham Young University, BS, with honors, Accounting, 1967
- Utah, 2010
- District of Columbia, 1978
- Wisconsin, 1970