Mr. Tingey is a member of the firm's Intellectual Property section. His practice focuses on intellectual property law, including domestic and international patent protection, domestic and international trademark protection, copyrights, trade secrets, unfair competition law, computer law, and licensing intellectual property. He is recognized as one of Utah's Legal Elite for intellectual property.
Utah State Bar, Intellectual Property Section, admitted 2000
Salt Lake County Bar Association
Davis County Bar Association American Bar Association
J. Reuben Clark Law Society
American Intellectual Property Law Association
International Trademark Association
Utah Information Technology Association
Honors & Awards
Mr. Tingey is recognized as one of Utah's Legal Elite and Up & Coming for Intellectual Property.
Awarded second place in the IEEE/PES Transmission and Distribution Conference and Exposition National Collegiate Technical Paper Competition
Founded the Intellectual Property Law Society at Creighton University
Recognized by the Nebraska Office of Dispute Resolution for theory and practice of conflict resolution techniques
- Acquiring domestic and/or international patent protection in a variety of technical fields, including computer software, computer hardware, electronic business methods, wireless technologies, electronic devices, communication systems, medical device technologies, biometric technologies, mechanical systems, material property technologies, recreational devices, chemical combinations, agricultural systems, fitness equipment, construction technologies, etc.
- Acquiring domestic and/or international trademark protection for a variety of goods and services.
- Assisting clients in developing and implementing business strategies relating to domestic and international intellectual property protection.
- Assisting clients in licensing or acquiring intellectual property.
News & Events
- Protecting Your Intellectual Property Abroad2019 Utah Economic Summit, 05.17.2019
Creighton University School of Law, J.D., 1999
University of Utah, B.S. in Electrical Engineering with minors in Nuclear Engineering and Mathematics, 1996
- Utah, 2000
- United States District Court for the District of Utah
- United States Patent and Trademark Office