Donald Lundwall is a member of the firm’s International section. He specializes in state, federal, and foreign data privacy; vital records; and public records/archive laws governing the collection, use, storage, publication, sale, and transfer of digital data, including personal and sensitive information. He also practices international commercial transactions where he analyzes and drafts contracts, purchase orders, and bank cards while advising clients on their contractual rights and obligations.
Mr. Lundwall is admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court, the United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit, the United States District Court for the District of Utah, and the courts of the state of Utah.
Mr. Lundwall is a member of the Utah State Bar’s International Law, Corporate Counsel, Constitutional Law, and Appellate Practice sections. He is also a member of the J. Reuben Clark Law Society and currently serves as a board member for the Society’s Salt Lake City Chapter.
Mr. Lundwall’s scholarly and professional interests include international human rights advocacy, domestic and international religious freedom, and international refugee law. In particular, he is an avid student and observer of the U.S. Supreme Court’s religious freedom jurisprudence and has presented on religious liberty issues.
Mr. Lundwall holds an LLM in environmental, natural resources, and energy law from Lewis & Clark Law School. He received his JD from the University of Missouri – Columbia School of Law.
Publications and Presentations
- The Year in Review 2019: ABA Environment, Energy, and Resources Law Section, Chapter on “Alternative Dispute Resolution” (Vice-Chair, Co-Author, & Co-Editor)
- “Land Use Law: Current Issues in Subdivision, Annexation and Zoning,” National Business Institute Webinar, June 4, 2020 (presentation on “Stay on Top of Environmental Considerations”)
- “America’s Constitutional Heritage of Religious Freedom: Insights from the Text of the First Amendment, the Words of the Founders, and the United States Supreme Court,” J. Reuben Clark Law Society, Salt Lake City Chapter CLE Luncheon Event, February 27, 2020
Lewis & Clark Law School, LLM, Environmental, Natural Resources & Energy Law, cum laude, 2016
- Environmental Leadership Award
University of Missouri-Columbia School of Law, JD, 2010
- Ike Skelton, Sr. Trial Practice Award, Best Work in Trial Practice
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Top Honors in Trial Practice
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Top Honors in Pretrial Litigation
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Top Honors in Professional Responsibility
Utah State University, BA, Law & Constitutional Studies, cum laude, 2005
- Best Presentation Award, Pi Sigma Alpha 2005 Capital Conference
- Membership, Pi Sigma Alpha, The National Political Science Honor Society
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- U.S. District Court - District of Utah
- U.S. Supreme Court