Mr. Robinson is Chair of Kirton McConkie’s Real Estate section. He represents clients in matters related to financing, acquisition, planning and zoning, development, entitlements, leasing and the sale of residential, agricultural, commercial and industrial properties. In addition, he represents lenders in documenting mortgage loans as well as major land owners in property subdivision, development governmental land use approvals, acquisition and disposition.
In addition, too his legal practice, Mr. Robinson is an Associate Instructor at the David Eccles School of Business at the University of Utah, currently teaching a course on Real Estate Development, with an emphasis on Due Diligence, in the Master of Real Estate Development (MRED) program.
Mr. Robinson is recognized as one of Utah's Legal Elite and as one of the Mountain States Super Lawyers Rising Stars for Real Estate.
He is the current President of the Utah State Bar – Real Estate Section.
Vice President of the Utah State Bar – Real Estate Section
Taylorsville Board of Adjustments, Former Member
Honors & Awards
Mountain States Super Lawyers: Rising Star in Real Estate (2010 - 2015)
Utah Legal Elite: Real Estate (2011, 2014, 2018, 2021)
- Represents buyers, sellers, developers, brokers, and lenders in the financing, acquisition, planning and zoning, development, entitlements, leasing, and sale of residential, agricultural, commercial, and industrial properties
- Represents lenders in documenting mortgage loans
- Involved in the preparation of real estate partnership agreements and the creation of homeowners associations
- Represents major land owners in property subdivision, development, governmental land use approvals, acquisition, and disposition
- Associate Instructor, 2019 – Current. Teaching a course on Real Estate Development, with an emphasis on Due Diligence, in the Master of Real Estate Development (MRED) program at the David Eccles School of Business at the University of Utah.
News & Events
- Press Release, 06.12.2015
- Press Release, 10.29.2014
- Press Release, 06.11.2014
- Press Release, 02.27.2014
- Title Law from Start to Finish: Proper Usage of Endorsements and ExceptionsNational Business Institute, Salt Lake City, UT, 06.09.2014
- Associate Presentor, Continuing Legal Education, The Basics of Real Property Law in UtahUtah State Bar, 01.2010
- Presentor, Continuing Legal Education, Current Issues in Title and Survey Review, Kirton & McConkie02.2008
- Real Estate
- Condominium and HOA Associations
- Project Development and Agreements
- Purchase and Sale Transactions
- Land Use and Zoning
- Commercial Leasing
- Real Estate Financing
- Business Formation, Structure and Exit Strategies
- Construction, Surety & Design Professionals
- Environmental Regulation and Licensing
- General Counsel Services
- Lending and Finance
- Natural Resources and Energy
- Water Rights
University of Idaho College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2004
Spring Edition Editor, Idaho Law Review
Brigham Young University, B.A., International Studies, 2000
- Utah, 2004