Mr. Winger is a member of the firm's Corporate section. Mr. Winger focuses on mergers and acquisitions, securities law, corporate finance, venture capital, real estate, franchising and business contracts. He has represented a wide variety of clients, including banks and financial institutions, insurance companies, venture capital firms, contractors, consulting firms and high-tech companies. He has represented both buyers and sellers in complex mergers and acquisitions, real estate transactions and franchise transactions.
Mr. Winger also serves as outside general counsel for several clients.
Mr. Winger is recognized by Chambers USA, The Best Lawyers in America, Mountain States Super Lawyers and Utah's Legal Elite for corporate law, and mergers and acquisitions. He has an AV Preeminent rating by Martindale-Hubbell.
BYU Law School Alumni Association, President
Utah State Bar
- Securities Section
- Former President, 2002
- Officer, 1999
Honors & Awards
Chambers USA: Corporate/M&A
Super Lawyers: Mergers & Acquisitions
AV Preeminent rating by Martindale-Hubbell
Utah Legal Elite: Corporate Law & Transactions
Best Lawyers: Corporate Law, Mergers & Acquisitions Law, Securities/Capital Markets Law (2021-2022)
Former President and Officer of BYU Law School Alumni Association
Former President and Officer of Securities Section of Utah State Bar
- Assists clients with the formation of business entities and the documentation of business relationships by drafting contracts such as license agreements, employment agreements, purchase agreements and joint venture agreements.
- Assist clients to raise capital.
- Assist with the structure, due diligence, negotiation, documentation and closing mergers and acquisitions.
- Finding solutions to legal problems and issues.
- Compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Managing litigation as an outside general counsel.
News & Events
- Press Release, 06.11.2018
- Press Release, 08.16.2017
- Press Release, 06.13.2017
- Press Release, 03.2016
- Press Release, 08.18.2015
- Press Release, 06.12.2015
- Press Release, 08.18.2014
- Press Release, 06.11.2014
- Kirton McConkie Corporate/M&A, Real Estate, and Natural Resources/Water Practices Rank in Prestigious 2014 Chambers USAPress Release, 06.11.2014
- Press Release, 02.27.2014
- Press Release, 08.15.2013
- Press Release, 06.12.2013
- Press Release, 06.10.2013
- Press Release, 09.13.2012
- Press release, 08.23.2012
- Press Release, 04.29.2011
- Utah Business, 07.2012
- Utah Business, 12.2011
- Business Formation, Structure, and Exit Strategies
- Securities Law
- Commercial Leasing
- Construction, Surety, and Design Professionals
- Employment Contracts and Agreements
- Equipment Leasing
- General Counsel Services
- Government Financing
- Lending and Finance
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Natural Resources and Energy
- Purchase and Sale Transactions
- Real Estate Financing
Brigham Young University, J.D, 1992, magna cum laude
- Order of the Coif
University of Utah, B.S., Finance, 1989, cum laude
- Utah State Bar, 1993
- Utah State Bar Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals