Mr. Muklewicz counsels and advises large multinational corporations, local businesses, individual investors and professionals in areas involving employment-based immigration law.
Mr. Muklewicz has presented at state bar associations and published articles on topics concerning employment-based immigration and compliance with employment verification regulations.
American Immigration Lawyers Association
President, Razem Utah, charitable, cultural, and fraternal organization for Utah’s Polish community
Honors & Awards
Mountain States Super Lawyers Rising Star: Immigration (2013)
Southwest Super Lawyers Rising Star: Immigration (2012)
Foreign Language Area Studies Fellow: Russian (2000)
Polonia Foundation Pulaski Scholarship: Law (1999)
- Advises companies and foreign nationals in connection E, H-1B, H-2B, H-3, L-1, TN, O, P, and R non-immigrant visa petitions.
- Assists foreign nationals seeking permanent residence (green cards).
- Consults with clients regarding the labor certification (PERM) process.
- Advises multinational managers, foreign nationals with extraordinary ability, and outstanding professors and researchers in connection with I-140 immigrant petitions.
- Counsels and advises immigrant investors with EB-5 cases.
- Represents foreign medical graduates with J-1 status seeking waivers of the two-year home residence requirement through state Conrad 30 programs as well as the Delta Regional Authority and Appalachian Regional Commission.
- Counsels foreign medical graduates seeking permanent residence through the National Interest Waiver process.
- Works with employers to develop, maintain and improve employment verification procedures in compliance with I-9 and E-Verify requirements and conducts internal I-9 audits to ensure compliance with federal and state laws.
- Provides training to managers and Human Resources staff regarding proper I-9 completion, re-verification, and compliance with E-Verify requirements.
- Of Counsel, Snell & Wilmer L.P., Employment and Immigration Group, 2012 - 2013
- Shareholder, Law Offices of Brelje and Muklewicz P.C., Immigration Legal Services for Employers, 2009 - 2011
- Senior Attorney, Brelje and Associates PLC, Immigration Legal Services for Employers, 2005 - 2008
- Associate, Vorys, Sater Seymour and Pease LLP, Corporate and Immigration Group, 2001 - 2005
News & Events
- UTC Clinic hosted by Kirton McConkie, 04.08.2015
- Live webinar, 01.09.2014
- EB-5 Process and Recent Developments10.2012
- Immigration 'Best Practices' for Arizona EmployersState Bar of Arizona, Employment Law Section, 06.2012
- U.S. Visa Options for Foreign Students after GraduationThunderbird School of Global Management, April and October 2012, April and October 2011
- Visa BasicsAmerican Immigration Council, International Exchange Center, 12.09.2010
- Keep Legal Immigrants Legal: Maintain USCIS’ rule providing job flexibility for high-skilled workersUtah Business, 05.11.2017
- Forbes, 02.17.2017
- Law360, 02.01.2017
- InsideCounsel, 07.17.2015
- Less Can Accomplish More for Immigration ReformLitigation Strategies For Immigration Issues, 2015
- InsideCounsel, 06.19.2015
- InsideCounsel, 05.15.2015
- Immigration Law360, 04.30.2015
- San Jose Mercury News, 12.30.2014
- Utah Employment Law Letter, 10.2014
- Utah Business, 12.2013
- A ‘Mile-High’ Overview of the EB-5 Immigrant Investor ProgramColorado Real Estate Journal, 2012
- Praca w Stanach Zjednoczonych po Ukończeniu Studiów na Uniwersytecie (Working in the United States after Completing Studies at the University)EuroArizona, 2012
- Lawfully Employing Foreign Nationals in the U.S.EuroArizona, 10.2005
- USCIS temporarily suspends premium processing for H-1B Extension of Stay petitionsKirton McConkie Legal Alert, 05.26.2015
- H-1B petitions selected, petitioner notification timing uncertain05.04.2015
- H-1B visa cap updateKirton McConkie Legal Alert, 04.13.2015
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services reaches H-1B cap for Fiscal Year 2016Kirton McConkie Legal Alert, 04.07.2015
- Eligibility extended for certain H-4 dependent spouses of H-1B non-immigrantsLegal Alert, 02.24.2015
- Details on the executive action for immigration reformLegal Alert, 11.24.2014
- Kirton McConkie Legal Alert, 10.03.2013
- A Kirton McConkie Legal Alert, 05.07.2013
The Ohio State University College of Law, J.D. and Certificate in International Trade and Development, 2001
Brigham Young University, B.A. in International Relations, minor in Russian, 1998
- Utah, 2014
- Ohio, 2001 (inactive)