Julie Crane is a member of the firm's International and First Amendment and Religious Organizations sections. Her practice focuses on assisting clients with international issues, including cross-border business transactions, entity formation, taxation, and regulatory and corporate compliance.
Ms. Crane specializes in data privacy and has advised global companies, nonprofits, and foreign entities on complying with privacy laws in over 120 countries, including assisting with privacy audits, due diligence, privacy management programs, filings, breach reporting, and cross-border data transfers.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Crane served as a law clerk to the Honorable Jay S. Bybee of the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
Honors & Awards
Utah Legal Elite: International (2021)
Mountain States Super Lawyers: Rising Star for International (2021-2022)
Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America, Corporate Governance and Compliance Law (2022)
- Litigation and appellate experience in both federal and state courts, including drafting briefs for the U.S. Supreme Court and federal courts of appeals.
- Works with counsel around the world to advise U.S. companies and non-profits on corporate governance, nonprofit management, tax compliance, funding, and data privacy.
- Consults with clients on constitutional rights, regulatory compliance, records management, contract management, and governmental affairs.
- Prior to joining Kirton McConkie, Ms. Crane clerked on the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
News & Events
Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark Law School, JD, summa cum laude, 2012
- Editor-in-Chief, Law Review, 2011 - 2012
Brigham Young University, BS, Economics and Political Science, summa cum laude, 2009
- Valedictorian of Economics
- Utah, 2014
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals