Mr. McConkie is a member of the firm's Immigration section. His practice concentrates on immigration and naturalization law, wherein he represents foreign nationals before the Department of Labor, Immigration and Naturalization Service, Board of Immigration Appeals, and in federal court. Mr. McConkie joined Kirton & McConkie in 1980.
American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
Honors & Awards
Mr. McConkie is recognized as one of Utah's Legal Elite for Family & Immigration.
Best Lawyers: Family Law (2015 - 2020)
- Assists clients in obtaining immigrant and non-immigrant visas.
- Advises businesses on intra-company transfers and strategies for obtaining residency for key officers and employees.
News & Events
- Founding Partner of Kirton McConkie, Oscar W. McConkie, Jr., Painted by World-Renowned Artist, Leon Parson01.18.2018
- Press Release, 08.16.2017
- Press Release, 08.18.2015
- Press Release, 04.03.2015
- Press Release, 08.18.2014
- Press Release, 02.27.2014
- Kirton McConkie Legal Alert, 10.03.2013
- A Kirton McConkie Legal Alert, 05.07.2013
University of Utah, J.D., 1979
- Editor, Journal of Contemporary Law
- Justice George Sutherland Memorial Scholarship Award
Arizona State University, M.A., Spanish, 1976
Arizona State University, B.A., Spanish, 1975
- Utah, 1980
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of Utah, 1980