Mr. Felsted is a member of the firm's Real Estate section and the Construction industry group. His emphasis is on real property, finance, commercial transactions, agricultural law, local government law, and contract law. Additionally, he is involved in many multi-state transactions. In his practice Mr. Felsted assists business entities, cooperative organizations, religious and nonprofit institutions, financial institutions, governmental entities, and individuals.
Utah State Bar, Treasurer
- Past Treasurer, Secretary, Vice Chair, and Chair of the Utah State Bar Real Property Section. Mr. Felsted was responsible for section leadership, finances, and continuing legal education.
- Mr. Felsted represents business entities, cooperative organizations, religious entities, and nonprofit institutions, financial corporations, governmental entities, and individuals. Mr. Felsted presents clients in large transactions within the State of Utah.
- Mr. Felsted was previously General Counsel of a major financial institution in the State of Utah. He had responsibility for the majority of its legal affairs, including planning major real estate transactions, tax matters, bankruptcy, foreclosures, research, drafting and reviewing legal documents, supervising litigation, insurance matters, and meeting with and advising officers and directors of the institution.
- Commercial Leasing
- Eminent Domain/Condemnation
- Environmental Regulation and Licensing
- Foreclosures and Restructuring
- Land Use and Zoning
- Landlord/Tenant Disputes
- Natural Resources and Energy
- Project Development and Agreements
- Property Tax Disputes and Resolutions
- Purchase and Sale Transactions
- Real Estate
- Real Estate Financing
- Surety Bonds
- Water Rights
University of Utah, J.D., 1981
- Recipient, Justice Harold Sutherland Academic Scholarship
Weber State University, B.A., Accounting, magna cum laude, 1978
- Phi Kappa Phi
- Outstanding Accounting Graduate
- Utah, 1981
- Colorado, 1982
- United States District Court for the District of Utah, 1984