Mr. Wahlquist is a member of the firm’s Litigation, Alternative Dispute Resolution, and International Litigation and Arbitration teams. He counsels individuals and businesses in domestic and international disputes in the commercial, investment, real estate and construction sectors.
Honors & Awards
Utah Legal Elite: Civil Litigation (2021)
Mr. Wahlquist has successfully represented clients in arbitration, bench and jury trials. His successes including a multi-million-dollar jury verdict on a counterclaim in a securities fraud dispute; an eight-figure settlement on a products liability claim; and a collective settlement of over $30 million dollars in a class action against a special services district on behalf of a class of developers.
Mr. Wahlquist has also lived abroad where he received specialized training in international commercial and investment arbitration, and proficiency with ICC, LCIA, ICSID, AAA/ICDR, UNCITRAL and Swiss Rules. He has recently represented clients in disputes involving the ICDR, the English Arbitration Act, and the Vienna International Arbitration Centre. He is also certified by the Foundation for International Arbitration Advocacy.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Wahlquist was a business litigation Associate at McCormick Barstow, LLP in Fresno, California from 2007 to 2010. After law school, he also served as a federal judicial law clerk to the Honorable Earl H. Carrol at the United States District Court, District of Arizona, from 2006 to 2007.
News & Events
- Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Earl H. Carroll, United States District Court, District of Arizona, 2006 - 2007.
- Master in International Dispute Settlement (MIDS) (University of Geneva/IHEID), Geneva, Switzerland
- Master of Advanced Studies in International Dispute Settlement, 2020
- University of Arizona, James E. Rogers College of Law, Tucson, AZ
- Juris Doctor, 2006
- University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah
- B.A. in French Literature, 2003
- Utah, 2008
- California, 2007
- United States Court of International Trade, 2020
- United States District Court, Southern District of California, 2014
- United States Tax Court, 2011
- United States District Court for the District of Utah, 2010
- United State District Court for the Eastern District of California, 2007