Kirton McConkie real estate attorneys represent private and commercial entities as well as municipalities to obtain permits and resolve issues regarding environmental matters in regulatory, transactional and litigation settings.
The regulatory issues include, but are not limited to those related to:
- Comprehensive Environmental Response Compensation Liability Act (CERCLA)
- Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA)
- Clean Water Act (CWA)
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Clean Air Act (CAA)
- Applicable state regulations
Our environmental attorneys advise clients on federal, state and local laws and regulations and develop legal strategies on issues such as:
- Limiting liabilities when purchasing properties with environmental concerns.
- Proactively assisting clients to develop properties impacted by environmental contamination, including all types of clean up and remediation.
- Regularly assisting clients to obtain necessary permits, including NPDES permits and other regulatory approvals necessary for construction.
- Assist with remediation of soil, groundwater and other contamination under voluntary and involuntary orders of various regulatory agencies.
- Routinely assist landowners with Clean Water Act (CWA) and wetland permitting.
- Routinely advise wetland bank owners regarding establishment, maintenance and regulation. Our environmental attorneys have successfully established the largest wetland bank in Utah.
- Assist with the acquisition, ownership and transfer of water shares and rights in all types of transactions throughout the country.