Kirton McConkie has a long-standing tradition of excellence advising and representing clients on domestic and international corporate, partnership, non-profit, and individual taxation issues. We also advise and implement financial planning strategies for high-net-worth individuals, business owners, and senior executives on a range of estate planning strategies and issues.
Our tax planning attorneys assist clients in identifying potential tax consequences, offering advice on minimizing taxes and working to implement the most beneficial options. We help guide individuals, corporations, limited liability companies, and tax-exempt entities in areas such as federal, state and local tax planning, employee benefit taxation, the tax aspects of profit allocations, income tax planning as well as the U.S. federal tax consequences of international business operations. Our attorneys also provide representation on tax controversies, such as criminal matters, audit defense, administrative hearings and IRS appeals, and tax and district court complaints.
In addition, Kirton McConkie has a special depth of experience advising religious, educational, and charitable organizations on obtaining and preserving tax-exempt status and maintaining tax compliance.
Our estate planning attorneys are experienced in crafting estate plans for small to multi-million dollar estates, aiming to accomplish the client’s goals with the lowest possible estate, gift, and income tax cost. Our estate planning services include drafting wills and revocable trusts, setting up charitable entities and private foundations, and handling estate, trust, and probate administration. Our attorneys also offer a variety of sophisticated planning techniques, including family limited liability companies, irrevocable life insurance trusts, multi-generational dynasty trusts, and asset protection trusts.
News & Events
- Legal Alert: United States Supreme Court Decision South Dakota v. Wayfair represents a significant change to sales tax06.29.2018
- Press Release, 03.2016
- Press Release, 11.03.2015
- Press Release, 08.18.2015
- Press Release, 06.12.2015
- Press Release, 08.18.2014
- Press Release, 07.01.2014
- Press Release, 06.11.2014
- Press release, 02.10.2014
- Press Release, 08.15.2013
- Kirton McConkie Tax and Estate Planning lawyer Becomes Fellow of The American College of Trust and Estate CounselPress Release, 05.23.2013
- Press release, 08.23.2012
- Utah Valley University Business & Economic Forum, Utah Valley University, 05.14.2015
- Utah Law & Justice Center, 01.21.2015
- Designing Discretionary Distribution Standards to Protect the Settlor, the Beneficiary and the TrusteeLive webinar 1:00 - 2:30 pm (ET), 08.26.2014
- Utah Food Bank, Date to be determined
- Utah Food Bank, 11.15.2012
- CNN Money, 06.26.2014
- Estate Planning, 04.2013
- Utah Valley Healthcare Foundation, 03.2013
- The Wealth Counsel Quarterly, 07.2012
- Utah Business, 11.2011
- Utah Business, 08.2011
- Utah Bar Journal, January-February, 2011
- White Paper, 2011
- Horizon Financial Publications, 03.2008
- Legal Alert: Utah’s New Domestic Asset Protection Statute Makes State a Top Choice to Shield AssetsLegal Alert, 04.2013