In today’s digital environment, the increasing collection and movement of data has led countries to enact sweeping data privacy regulations with high corporate penalties for non-compliance. Technological advancements increasingly make it easier for companies to collect, transfer across borders, and monetize data. In the event of a data security breach, corporations and their executive leadership find themselves facing negative headlines, lost market share, and large costs to manage and repair the breach.
Kirton McConkie has both the U.S. domestic and international expertise to assess your corporate risk and customize a solution that integrates with your corporate structure and operating systems. Our attorneys have extensive experience in assessing the corporate needs and providing an efficient, cost-effective, and streamlined legal compliance framework that is easy for your staff to administer.
Kirton McConkie’s Cybersecurity and Data Privacy section features a team of attorneys who focus on servicing multinational companies for all of their data security, privacy, and information management needs, including:
- Cybersecurity and data privacy risk assessment
- Privacy policies
- Data privacy compliance frameworks
- Cross-border data transfers
- Compliant employee and third-party contracts
- Data breach readiness and response
- Global data privacy compliance strategies
- EU General Data Protection Regulation readiness through our rapid compliance methodology
Our attorneys have extensive experience with U.S. and foreign data security and privacy-related legislation and regulation, including EU General Data Protection Regulation, EU-U.S. Privacy Shield, Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, HIPAA, Children's Online Privacy Protection Act, CAN-SPAM, and state and federal data breach notification laws.
News & Events
- Kirton McConkie, Salt Lake City, UT, 2018
- Noncompliance with New EU Data Privacy Rules can be CostlyReprinted with permission by Corporate Compliance Insights, 11.05.2015
- Technology: Corporate counsel’s role in governing privacy and security riskInside Counsel, 03.29.2013
- ALM Law Journal, 03.2013