Our corporate attorneys assist private and public companies with entity formation, planning, dissolution and exit strategies, issues and disputes. We work with clients to choose or transition to a form of entity based on current and future goals and objectives as well as issues related to limitation of liability, taxation, management and profit-sharing.
During the formation process, and as a company matures, we encourage clients to develop proper documentation that may not ordinarily be top of mind in the early stages of start up, such as specifically outlining partner or key management responsibilities and written procedures for handling disputes. With proper planning in place, even an unfortunate or involuntary dissolution might be handled more smoothly.
Aspects of business formation, dissolution and exit, include:
- Forming C corporations, S corporations, LLCs, joint ventures, franchises and tax-exempt organizations.
- Developing general corporate governance documentations such as LLC agreements, corporate bylaws, operating agreements, shareholder and membership agreements and registration rights agreements.
- Advising and planning related to strategic business matters.
- Negotiating partner and shareholder disputes.
- Developing exit strategies.
- Developing succession plans.
News & Events
- Press Release, 08.18.2015
- Utah Business, 11.2014
- Utah Business, 02.2014
- Utah Business, 07.2012
- Inside Counsel, 01.11.2012
- Utah Business, 12.2011
- Findlaw.com, 12.05.2011
- Law360, 09.29.2011