Trevor Crowley is a member of the firm’s Corporate section, where he focuses on mergers and acquisitions, private equity, finance, and general business matters. Mr. Crowley also has substantial experience with estate planning and probate matters.
Prior to joining Kirton McConkie, Mr. Crowley was an associate at Kirkland & Ellis LLP in Houston, Texas, where he represented private equity sponsors and public and private company clients in complex business transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, portfolio company investments, and related general corporate matters.
The following is a list of representative transactions in which Mr. Crowley was involved prior to joining Kirton McConkie:
- A privately held oil and gas company in its $5.6 billion acquisition of a publicly traded company’s business in Alaska.
- A technology-focused price equity firm in its acquisition of a provider of healthcare clearinghouse and software solutions.
- A private equity firm on an investment in a provider of IT asset management software and two subsequent add-on acquisitions of companies providing remote device and hardware management products.
- A private equity management firm in its preferred equity investment in a publicly traded coal and nuclear power generation services company.
- A digital advertising company in a minority equity investment and buyout of existing investors.
- A provider of legal software solutions in its sale to a private equity backed company.
- An oilfield services company in its restructuring and the sale of two of its principal business divisions to two separate private equity backed buyers pursuant to Section 363 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.
- A producer of hydrocarbon specialty gases on a partnership with an affiliate of a private equity sponsor in connection with the formation of packaged gas distribution platform.
- A midstream oil and gas company in its comprehensive recapitalization, which included additional investments from its existing lender groups and its private equity backed sponsor.
- An industrial transportation services company on the formation of a joint venture focused on transportation and logistics infrastructure with a middle-market infrastructure company.
- A midstream saltwater disposal company and its private equity sponsor in the $600 million sale of the company’s equity to a strategic buyer.
- A private equity backed oilfield services company in a strategic acquisition of another private equity backed oilfield services company.
- The initial purchasers in connection with an offering of $700 million in senior secured notes of a liquefied natural gas infrastructure company.
- A publicly traded oil and natural gas company in its $3.2 billion acquisition of another oil and natural gas company in an all-stock transaction.
- A private equity backed oil and gas company in its merger with another privately held oil and gas company.
- Several private equity sponsors in a $625 million preferred equity investment round in a Permian-to-Gulf midstream company.
- An industrial equipment rental business in its $1.1 billion combination with a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC).
- A power producer in its $125 million first lien revolving credit facility and $450 million second lien bonds.
- A national public charity in its formation and qualification for tax exempt status as a 501(c)(3) organization.
- A principal business owner with the tax matters and structuring large charitable gifts in connection with the sale of a majority stake of a business to a private equity firm.
Publications and Presentations
Succession Strategies, Presenter, Utah State Bar Annual Business Law Seminar (April 27, 2017)
Finishing the Job on Section 356(a)(2): Closing Loopholes and Providing Consistent Treatment to Boot in Tax-Free Reorganizations, 2015 BYU L. Rev. 471
Wheelchair Ramps in Cyberspace: Bringing the Americans with Disabilities Act into the 21st Century, 2013 BYU L. REV. 651
Brigham Young University J. Reuben Clark Law School, JD, 2014, magna cum laude
- Order of the Coif
- Executive Editor, BYU Law Review
University of Utah, BS, 2010, magna cum laude